Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 03:34 PM

5 posts, read 37,991 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of moving and considering various options. There is one in Fairfax, called The Amberleigh, formerly Archstone Fairfax which I am highly considering because the location would be perfect, however, it seems to have some really negative reviews on Apartmentratings.com. It's not listed under the Amberleigh, it's listed under Archstone so I am wondering if the new management has caused some positive changes.

Does anyone on this message board happen to live in this community or have any positive reviews about it? The apartment I saw itself looked beautiful, the location was ideal, the only thing I am cautious about are the bad reviews (apparently it's hit or miss with cockroaches, and if you live on one of the lower floors, you will hear the people above you. However, the apartment I am looking into is on the top floor.)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 7,537 times
I live in the Amberleigh. We actually looked at the apartment we're in now before the switch (which was just a few months ago). Archstone Fairfax was very nice and there have been some positive changes since the change to Amberleigh. My apartment is very clean and very nice inside. I live in one of the townhomes so I can't speak for the apartments without private entrances. I honestly don't have any negative comments about the property. The location is perfect too.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 7,498 times
you heard right. they definitely are beautiful apartments with good interiors and a great location. but the walls/roofs are paper thin!!

the walls arent much of an issue, as the apts are designed pretty well so ur living space noise doesnt clash much. but its the roof which is the worst!! u can hear the roof creak and hear their walk clear and loud. u can hear ur upstairs neighbors conversations and hear their TV as well.

i guess it isnt much of an issue abt the roof creaks and stomping if u are on the topmost floor but u prbly cant escape frm sounds of the conversations and tv frm ur downstairs neighbors(or upstairs in other cases)

Old 11-21-2007, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 7,453 times
We currently live in the Amberleigh, we moved in last June when it was still Archstone Fairfax. We don't have any real complaints, in fact, I would highly recommend the community.

The only concern that I have right now is that the rents have increased significantly since we moved in. We currently pay $1475 for a 2bd/2ba w/ w/d, the current rate for the same unit is about $1660.

The units are very spacious and have a great deal of closet space, utilities are very cheap, the community is quiet and residents are nice.

The biggest drawback that I've found is that parking any time after 8pm can be tough, but I've never had to park more than a 3 minute walk from my front door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: