U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 06:35 PM

4,711 posts, read 10,858,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Well, that certainly sounds like the most plausible situation, but doesn't explain the statement from the OP claiming the DMV didn't want to give him December stickers, only gave him November stickers. He insinuated his registration expiration had been Dec 15 since the onset.

He must have done it online. If he was at a DMV office they would have given him his new "year" decals (the only time they give you a "month" decal is with an emissions extension) and that would have been that.

VA plates always expire at the end of the month....other than this last minute online thing. I always renew online at least two weeks before the decals expire, so I'll have them before the deadline. Just seems easier that way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 02:19 AM

1,559 posts, read 3,169,269 times
Next time - renew early. The tow trucks can't look up your registration information as the police may be able to. I am not a fan of these guys and they lurk in my neighborhood ALL the time. When my husband forgot to renew his tags in a timely manner - we parked his vehicle in our driveway - if it was in a parking spot, it would have been towed (even though his registration had been renewed online).

Save yourself further aggravation and go get your car and chalk this situation up as a lesson learned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia