U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-14-2014, 10:32 PM
 
Location: Jollity Farm
254 posts, read 320,917 times
Reputation: 299

Advertisements

I'm really just interested in various real life commute times, since we all know Google is as the crow flys Our destinations will be Accokeek MD (and possibly, hopefully Mt Airy MD). We'll figure out what we want in an area and what we are willing to compromise drive time. If anyone has any real life input, it would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2014, 06:47 AM
 
Location: Tysons Corner
2,772 posts, read 3,656,798 times
Reputation: 1495
Virginia forum is not a good place to ask for Maryland road conditions. Just sayin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Northern Virginia
5,104 posts, read 5,406,847 times
Reputation: 12617
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesefourwalls View Post
I'm really just interested in various real life commute times, since we all know Google is as the crow flys Our destinations will be Accokeek MD (and possibly, hopefully Mt Airy MD). We'll figure out what we want in an area and what we are willing to compromise drive time. If anyone has any real life input, it would be greatly appreciated
Give us your starting point or your commute time tolerance. I hope you're not expecting posters to respond with "Well, from Fairfax it would be so and so. From Herndon it would be so and so. From Alexandria it would be so and so. From Springfield it would be so and so." The list would be endless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 07:14 AM
 
Location: among the clustered spires
2,380 posts, read 3,875,244 times
Reputation: 869
Mt. Airy is a good ways out and on the almost opposite side of DC from Accokeek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Jollity Farm
254 posts, read 320,917 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Virginia forum is not a good place to ask for Maryland road conditions. Just sayin.
Im sorry for the confusion. I see now where I neglected to specify starting from the general NOVA area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 09:52 AM
 
3,157 posts, read 8,124,275 times
Reputation: 1977
If these are your commute locations, I would not live in VA, period. You want to be in MD. It's still going to be tough though because those locations are so far from each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Jollity Farm
254 posts, read 320,917 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
I hope you're not expecting posters to respond with "Well, from Fairfax it would be so and so. From Herndon it would be so and so. From Alexandria it would be so and so. From Springfield it would be so and so." The list would be endless!
Goodness, no! I certainly wasn't expecting anyone to sit down and make an exhaustive, comprehensive list of times and cities. Just wondering if anyone had any real life, on the road knowledge of the general drive in those directions since Google tells stories
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Jollity Farm
254 posts, read 320,917 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpickrell View Post
Mt. Airy is a good ways out and on the almost opposite side of DC from Accokeek.
Yeah, I know....... Luckily only one of them is for an actual paying-like job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Jollity Farm
254 posts, read 320,917 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
It's still going to be tough though because those locations are so far from each other.
*nods* yeah......even Google can't gloss over that one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:59 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top