Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 12:31 PM

3 posts, read 2,731 times

Advertisements

Sorry in advance for posting about Manassas - I realize there are a ton of posts on the area but want thoughts on this spot.

https://goo.gl/maps/VviSM

Seems near the border of good place to live / sketchy? Any thoughts are much appreciated - thanks.

Last edited by jcred77; 03-13-2014 at 12:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 12:52 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,198,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcred77 View Post
Sorry in advance for posting about Manassas - I realize there are a ton of posts on the area but want thoughts on this spot.

https://goo.gl/maps/VviSM

Seems near the border of good place to live / sketchy? Any thoughts are much appreciated - thanks.

Link is not working for me. I live off Hastings. Can you be more specific? Hastings from one end to another is not at all in a high crime area though.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:54 PM

I can't get the link to display correctly. Browning Court area...near intersection of Dumfries and Hastings.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:11 PM

I guess the biggy that I can see is it's located within Manassas City Public Schools area, which get a bad rap. Other than that, anyone have thoughts on that area?

Old 03-13-2014, 03:52 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,198,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcred77 View Post
I can't get the link to display correctly. Browning Court area...near intersection of Dumfries and Hastings.
The apt complex will cause little to no problems there. Hastings has a little bit of traffic on it but certainly not super heavy. Both of my kids went to Manassas City schools from Pre-K through high school and both did well and received good educations. Kids will make their school experience good, if they want, no matter where they are. There is a higher than average Hispanic population but Manassas has done a good job of spreading the kids out so no one or two schools bears the brunt like they did back when the population changed back in the 80's.

BTW. I've lived off Lake Jackson and Hastings since 86 with no issues at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia