Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:43 PM

3 posts, read 4,106 times

Advertisements

While doing searches on where to live in NoVa, I've come across confusing information. Sometimes Chantilly comes up in a Loundoun County search, sometimes it comes up in a Fairfax County search. So the question I have for you is which county is Chantilly, Va reside in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 07:49 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,428,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_To_Nova_7 View Post
While doing searches on where to live in NoVa, I've come across confusing information. Sometimes Chantilly comes up in a Loundoun County search, sometimes it comes up in a Fairfax County search. So the question I have for you is which county is Chantilly, Va reside in?
Post office address covers both. It's in the zip code. Here's the secret to figuring them out. Chantilly 20151 is in Fairfax County. Chantilly 20152 is in Loudoun County.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:55 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,428,918 times
One more word of warning. Getting anywhere from the Loudoun County, 20152, Chantilly can be brutal. Main route is Rt. 50, currently under construction to widen it and the back ups are bad. It can take at least a half hour to get from South Riding (Chantilly, 20152) to the Greenbriar shopping center (just edge of Fairfax Chantilly 20151).

Old 04-02-2014, 07:18 AM

346 posts, read 550,415 times
30 minutes can be generous. I live in Greenbriar and for the past 3 weeks have been dropping my son off at a temporary in-house babysitter in Loudon's Chantilly. Coming back toward Fairfax in the morning is bad... really...soul-draining...bad. Thousands and thousands of cars coming out of those cookie cutter houses and pouring into Route 50, backing up all the way past South Riding and Aldie. And believe it or not, in the afternoon it is WORSE due to the bottleneck at the Rt. 28 ramps. One time it took 45 minutes just to get through that quarter-mile stretch.

Let's just say that I'd rather drop my son off in Alexandria than having to continue and endure that traffic nightmare. The bright side is that the constructions will eventually finish and should help, because it couldn't get worse than it is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by choff5 View Post
One more word of warning. Getting anywhere from the Loudoun County, 20152, Chantilly can be brutal. Main route is Rt. 50, currently under construction to widen it and the back ups are bad. It can take at least a half hour to get from South Riding (Chantilly, 20152) to the Greenbriar shopping center (just edge of Fairfax Chantilly 20151).

Old 04-02-2014, 07:28 AM

9,875 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtbrye View Post
Let's just say that I'd rather drop my son off in Alexandria than having to continue and endure that traffic nightmare. The bright side is that the constructions will eventually finish and should help, because it couldn't get worse than it is now
There are hundreds of new houses going up in Aldie off of Rt 50....traffic will not improve when construction is done; at least for any period of time.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:15 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,358,377 times
Offtopic I know, but I really like the Fairfax part of Chantilly, leading up to Metrotech Drive.

Paradise for ethnic food.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:13 PM

231 posts, read 575,424 times
I used to live in the Fairfax side of Chantilly near the staples shopping center. It's not a very good area. Lots of break ins when we lived over there. That area is just not very safe. I hated living in Chantilly and it once took me over an hour to drive 8 miles down the road to Aldie

Old 04-02-2014, 04:31 PM

1,449 posts, read 3,170,151 times
it depends what area of Fairfax Chantilly. I think Candicem is referring to the apartments and townhouses near that shopping center? I don't know about crime stats in the brookfield single family home neighborhood itself that surrounds it, but I do have friends that live there and are happy.

There are many nice neighborhoods in fairfax chantilly. I also live in Greenbriar - we occasionally have the police chopper over our hood (always seems to be people running from the shopping center or dumb kids trying to outrun the cops by running into the park that runs through the center of our hood), but I've really only heard of very small things happening in the neighborhood itself. There were a couple break-ins that turned out to be stupid teens going through open garage windows. Close windows and lock your doors - it's common sense, you know? And then we had a couple of those pellet gun incidents (car windows getting shot out) that were happening here and in centreville.

Most of the single family home communities are pretty nice.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:48 PM

231 posts, read 575,424 times
hilsmom, yes, we used to live in the brookleigh townhomes behind the staples. We were right next to the larger single family homes that are back there. One of my neighbors there had just gotten out of jail twice and the cops were there weekly. Another neighbor had a safe house. I'm glad to be out of there!

Old 04-02-2014, 04:53 PM

1,449 posts, read 3,170,151 times
yeah, I know that little pocket is questionable. I think that is why brookfield is so much cheaper than other neighborhoods.

Where are you now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia