U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 07:13 PM

177 posts, read 232,782 times

Advertisements

7900 Brompton St, Springfield, VA 22152 | MLS# FX8335941 | Redfin

I cannot believe this house is worth $425k (not updated inside), but it is pending ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 08:17 PM

1,583 posts, read 2,121,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmssm View Post
7900 Brompton St, Springfield, VA 22152 | MLS# FX8335941 | Redfin

I cannot believe this house is worth $425k (not updated inside), but it is pending ...
and, on top of sales price... a 4.5% buyers premium added to the sales price.. good ole foreclosures through that seller

Old 05-19-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
and, on top of sales price... a 4.5% buyers premium added to the sales price.. good ole foreclosures through that seller
What is ole? How can you tell it is foreclosures?

Old 05-19-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
First home is more in line with pricing in that neighborhood. The Charnwood home, one would assume (due to lack of photos), would have needed a healthy update.

No surprise it sold in 3 days at that price
Overall,how is the house? If considering everything... house itself, traffic, price, schools, etc...

Thanks.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:26 PM

1,583 posts, read 2,121,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmssm View Post
What is ole? How can you tell it is foreclosures?
I looked it up in the MLS, and see remarks that you cannot see on these online marketing websites.

I'm trending lightly (ethically speaking), because I know you are represented by an agent (in my local area), but this type of information is easily accessible by an agent with access to the MLS.

This particular agent represents a group of sellers that have buyers technology fee premiums, and buyers premium fees, with every transaction, along with certain stipulations concerning inspections and more importantly, financing.

If you are going to do your own research online, it is, in my opinion, that you just send property addresses to your agent so they can research each home on the back end of the MLS and give you the most information possible.

just an fyi

Old 05-20-2014, 03:08 AM

6,553 posts, read 10,836,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
Looks pretty ugly if you ask me
Eye of the beholder.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:15 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,699,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTwoShoes View Post
I would recommend schools that feed into the following High Schools: McLean, Langely, Marshall, Lake Braddock, Robinson, Chantilly. Anything in Oakton, Vienna is great too. Stay away from Annandale. I understand West Springfield is still 'okay' but I would not want to go there nor send my kids there.
It's fine if you require the brand name of 'Langely' High School--the affluent, entitled student culture at Langley has plenty of drawbacks too--but to recommend these high schools as the ONLY ones worth looking at for a home purchase is misleading and ignorant. The schools you mention have families with more money, but that does not necessarily translate into an inherently better education for every student than what they would get at West Springfield.

My student did not go to West Springfield. He graduated from TJ with top grades and scores. But if TJ had not been an option, we would have had no problem with him attending West Springfield High School. They have many outstanding teachers there, including a few who have won national awards for the excellence of their teaching methods.

OP, regarding the house purchase: Nearly any house around Irving Middle School/WSHS would be fine. We lived near there for several years and I walked all over the area. It's a good location. The Carrleigh Parkway/Forrester neighborhood is very pleasant.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:34 AM

617 posts, read 1,151,496 times
I'm always amused when an area is "getting worse," especially when that area is full of single family homes, nice trees, highly rated schools, and has a country club across the street.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:49 AM

613 posts, read 1,053,569 times
6313 BARDU Ave, SPRINGFIELD, VA 22152 | MLS# FX8316277 | Redfin

And now it's even cheaper ..

Old 05-20-2014, 07:47 PM

167 posts, read 442,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTwoShoes View Post
I would recommend schools that feed into the following High Schools: McLean, Langely, Marshall, Lake Braddock, Robinson, Chantilly. Anything in Oakton, Vienna is great too. Stay away from Annandale. I understand West Springfield is still 'okay' but I would not want to go there nor send my kids there.

I respectfully disagree. West Springfield HS, in my opinion, is at least on par, if not better, as Lake Braddock and Robinson. West Springfield area is a desirable area (mainly 22152). Springfield 22150 is a different story though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or