Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 12:44 PM

177 posts, read 278,425 times

Advertisements

Is it worth to buy? Is the ask price reasonable?

Thanks.

6313 BARDU Ave, SPRINGFIELD, VA 22152 | MLS# FX8316277 | Redfin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 12:57 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,426,603 times
It's across the street from an elementary and middle school which means traffic is horrendous during the school year.

If you like the place why don't you talk to your realtor/go tour it? This isn't a house review forum. If it's been on the market for thirty days it's likely a little overpriced. This home is very similar to all the other homes in Springfield (1960s, split or half basement, etc) so it really shouldn't be that difficult to find comps and come up with a fair price.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd888 View Post
It's across the street from an elementary and middle school which means traffic is horrendous during the school year.

If you like the place why don't you talk to your realtor/go tour it? This isn't a house review forum. If it's been on the market for thirty days it's likely a little overpriced. This home is very similar to all the other homes in Springfield (1960s, split or half basement, etc) so it really shouldn't be that difficult to find comps and come up with a fair price.
Thank you very much!

The reason I posted here (not other forum) is: people here are familiar with NoVA houses.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:10 PM

6,560 posts, read 8,393,687 times
OP, why don't you trust your real estate agent to guide you through this process? Especially regarding the price.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
OP, why don't you trust your real estate agent to guide you through this process? Especially regarding the price.
It does not hurt to ask opinions from a few more people. I just thought the agent just tries to seal a deal to make some commission fee...

Old 05-19-2014, 01:19 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmssm View Post
It does not hurt to ask opinions from a few more people. I just thought the agent just tries to seal a deal to make some commission fee...
sighhh

Hopefully you're in good hands.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:20 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
No comments on this particular house, but I'm chuckling at how ubiquitous that floorplan is in NOVA. The house I grew up in (Annandale) 40 years ago had the EXACT same floorplan, right down to the built-ins downstairs and locations and sizes of windows and closets. The only difference is the sliding glass door in the kitchen, which I imagine was not original to the house.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:25 PM

33 posts, read 53,305 times
Here is a comparable. This one closed 3 days ago for $64,800 less (with no seller subsidy). Based on the fact that they are .13 mi apart, both built in 1960 and have the exact same sq ft, I'd say they are identical models (even the property size is almost identical), although the one you're considering has been renovated. Renovations or not, that still seems like quite a big price gap.
6309 CHARNWOOD St, SPRINGFIELD, VA 22152 | MLS# FX8313386 | Redfin

Old 05-19-2014, 01:27 PM

64 posts, read 100,837 times
Personally, I would not live in Springfield, at all. While the cost of the housing is on par with the pricing for the area, the realtor is not allowed to tell you about 'bad' neighborhoods. About 20 years ago that location would have been awesome, but recently it has been going semi downhill. Now, what you really need to factor in is WHY you are looking in that area.

May I ask, did you pick this particular house due to the location to work/school/price? I would suggest looking a bit further down the road closer to Lake Braddock and into Burke Center. For an extra 10 minutes drive you would be in a better location and safer too.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:33 PM

I am new to NoVA, and actually I don't know much about VA. That is why I have asked so many questions here. I would consider other places, I just think the schools are very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTwoShoes View Post
Personally, I would not live in Springfield, at all. While the cost of the housing is on par with the pricing for the area, the realtor is not allowed to tell you about 'bad' neighborhoods. About 20 years ago that location would have been awesome, but recently it has been going semi downhill. Now, what you really need to factor in is WHY you are looking in that area.

May I ask, did you pick this particular house due to the location to work/school/price? I would suggest looking a bit further down the road closer to Lake Braddock and into Burke Center. For an extra 10 minutes drive you would be in a better location and safer too.
HomeSchool Name & GreatSchools RatingTypeGradesParent RatingDistanceHomes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia