U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 06:29 AM

101 posts, read 140,380 times

Advertisements

What are the best apartments on Route 1 - Huntington to Fort Felvoir (22306) and (22309)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 07:44 AM

213 posts, read 429,367 times
Depends how much you're looking to spend. Huntington gateway seemed the nicest when I was looking a few years back. I only toured it so can't comment on living there. There's a new really nice looking complex called beacon of groveton that opened in the past year and is more pricy. I think there are some aparents near belle view and fort hunt rd but I'm not sure. I just remember people saying they could walk over to the shopping center there. Also another new building is opening soon called the Shelby.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:57 AM

I would be looking to spend around 1100-1200 for a one bedroom.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:02 AM

518 posts, read 782,507 times
If you want to stay on Rte 1 due to the bus routes and/or not having a car, I would say Huntington Gateway as well or Montebello. You may also want to look at Mt. Vernon Square for a less expensive option with a grocery store within easy walking distance.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:19 AM

7,966 posts, read 18,044,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacollins View Post
Are you looking to be closer to Huntington (Metro) or Fort Belvoir?

Your budget eliminates most of the suggestions offered so far. Mount Vernon Square may be the best choice within your range if you're looking for a midpoint between the Metro and Fort Belvoir. It's probably got the best amenities of any of the garden apartment complexes (outdoor pool, fitness center, child care center) and there is a townhouse community in the back. In my experience living there in the mid 00's, neighbors can be hit or miss. Mild street wisdom can be useful late at night. If that doesn't all sound encouraging, note that none of the other garden apartment complexes on or near Route 1 are exactly Wisteria Lane, either.

Cityside may offer less amenities but it does offer a walkable commute to the Huntington Metro. If you can bump up your budget a few hundred, the newish Beacon of Groveton may appeal.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:32 AM

5,083 posts, read 5,351,459 times
I realize this is slightly above your budget, and it's a 2BR but my husband and I rented a condo (from a private owner) in this complex for 18 months beginning in 2009. Although some of the surround area is sketchy (Sacramento Drive), the complex was pretty secure and we never had a problem.

This is not the exact unit we rented, but just wanted to put this out there as an option.

Home for Rent - 8616 Shadwell Drive Unit: 68, Alexandria, VA 22309 - realtor.com®

Old 05-23-2014, 09:12 AM

I am looking closer to Fort Belvoir due to being close to the base and easier access to Fairfax County Parkway. I do own a car so access to public transportation won't be necessay.

Apartments that I've seen closer to Fort Belvoir:

Sacramento Square
Skyview Apartments

Although Sacramento Square seems newer.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:00 PM

7,966 posts, read 18,044,996 times
Quote:
I am looking closer to Fort Belvoir due to being close to the base and easier access to Fairfax County Parkway. I do own a car so access to public transportation won't be necessay.

Sacramento Square
Skyview Apartments

I've heard of Sacramento Square but not Skyview. Although I don't know people that have lived in SS, I can say that "clean, safe [and] quality" is a relative term at your budget and towards that end of the Route 1 corridor. Odds are that your neighbors at SS will be a mix of enlisted servicemembers and working-class households.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:22 PM

213 posts, read 429,367 times
Quote:

Sacramento Square
Skyview Apartments

I believe Sacramento Dr. does not have the best reputation but you may want to look up crime stats yourself.
Police Events

Old 05-23-2014, 06:00 PM

23,573 posts, read 33,297,972 times
Quote:
Any way you would be willing to do a studio? If so, I'd do Riverside apartments. Personally i think it is a little removed from most of the BS on Rt 1.

I used to work on Sacramento Dr. I never liked that area. Not horrible but for the same price you can find better if you can search and move quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or