U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 06:17 AM

2,772 posts, read 3,644,468 times

Advertisements

Two troll heavy statements in a row. I'm not interested in your same old boring political arguments. Yawn, its boring. Shutting down the border to all immigration, and phony family values will do nothing. Re-read my post, I think you are perverting the message I am making. The importance of education has nothing to do with family structure, a single mother can set it as a priority just as much as a married couple. Your statements are ironic considering many of those friends of mine had divorced parents, who are now doctors, lawyers, and engineers.

Thats fine, I'm not interested in trying to change your backwards opinion.

Had the border been shut down, I would never have been in this country, and your children still wouldn't have been educated any differently so long as YOU as the parent don't take the responsibility. It's not the immigrants, its you. That was the point not what you turned it into.

Off you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 06:57 AM

5,739 posts, read 8,950,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
This is all very true. With all the single mothers and high divorce rates these days American children barely have families at all let alone "respect" in said family to worry about.

But family values are sexist/homophobic, so at least we're cooler than you guys I guess...
Yeah, all those gay couples adopting kids--kids who could otherwise be enjoying the excitement of going from foster home to foster home until they reach adulthood. Totally anti-family!

Every society grows more complacent as it grows more prosperous. Ours is no exception.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:58 AM

76 posts, read 143,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post

It's all an enormous clusterf*ck that won't change until we hit the immigration pause button and force domestic schools to rework their system to better serve Americans and American businesses.

But that will never happen because that would be "racist".
Correct, exactly what I said. Also correct that US immigration policy will never change. I hear other people I know complaining about this all the time. I tell them that they have to get over it and try to adapt as best we can to the "new" America. It is what it is.
I like your idea but forget anyone ever focusing on or helping specifically Americans and American Businesses.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:20 AM

7,934 posts, read 9,659,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWnova View Post
It is what it is.
I like your idea but forget anyone ever focusing on or helping specifically Americans and American Businesses.
eww....why do I feel that by "American", you are only referring to those whose families emigrated from Europe rather than anywhere else in the world?

Old 06-07-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
eww....why do I feel that by "American", you are only referring to those whose families emigrated from Europe rather than anywhere else in the world?
How would you know what or who I was referring to? Just guessing? See where you are going with this. I could make the same assumptions of you by your statement.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:17 AM

5,739 posts, read 8,950,593 times
Quote:
... but forget anyone ever focusing on or helping specifically Americans and American Businesses.
Um, there's this thing called the Small Business Administration.

And as far as large American corporations, the corporate welfare they get in the form of tax breaks is staggering.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
Um, there's this thing called the Small Business Administration.

And as far as large American corporations, the corporate welfare they get in the form of tax breaks is staggering.
Um, the small Business Administration is a joke, ever try to get a Federal, State or local contract. Private work in DC? Or a loan. ha

Large American corporations provide good jobs to millions.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Two troll heavy statements in a row. I'm not interested in your same old boring political arguments. Yawn, its boring. Shutting down the border to all immigration, and phony family values will do nothing. Re-read my post, I think you are perverting the message I am making. The importance of education has nothing to do with family structure, a single mother can set it as a priority just as much as a married couple. Your statements are ironic considering many of those friends of mine had divorced parents, who are now doctors, lawyers, and engineers.

Thats fine, I'm not interested in trying to change your backwards opinion.

Had the border been shut down, I would never have been in this country, and your children still wouldn't have been educated any differently so long as YOU as the parent don't take the responsibility. It's not the immigrants, its you. That was the point not what you turned it into.

Off you go.
Guess you get a free pass to to rant. Just because. Congratulations on you superior breading, drive or whatever you want to call it to become doctors, lawyers and engineers. BTW-Do you know how to start a lawnmower or what a snow shovel is?

Old 06-07-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Congratulations on you superior breading
oh wow..they've been breaded....have they been deep-fried, too?

Old 06-07-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
BTW-Do you know how to start a lawnmower
i have no idea how to start a lawnmower, and am as "native born" as they come.

What's the point of that comment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or