U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 02:41 PM

4 posts, read 2,979 times

Advertisements

Hi all -

I'm curious about the Bealeton area. My husband and I are considering purchasing a new home there since you can get more bang for your buck, so to speak. I've only driven through Bealeton and no one I know seems to know much about it. If you live there, used to live there, or just know anything about it, can you please tell me some information about it? I'd specifically like to know what the people in general are like, schools, churches, neighborhoods, things to do, crime rate, etc. I don't want to move there and be really unhappy or feel out of place there. I'm originally from Loudoun County area, so I'm thinking it might be a bit of culture shock and take some getting used to. I'm trying to stay open-minded about it though. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 08:26 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,725,671 times
I currently live in Bristow and have only driven through Bealton. I gotta say, it's really far out, doesn't look like there is much out there. Where do work?

Old 06-06-2014, 08:35 AM

31 posts, read 44,777 times
I've been there several times and I can say it has good wineries! Otherwise, it seems pretty country to me, there is alot of a land, and large houses... it seems to far out to urban areas. I know a lot of people who live in Fredericksburg, which is more urban, and not too far from Bealeton.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:27 AM

6,551 posts, read 10,828,225 times
I responded on your other Bealeton thread.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:34 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,680,752 times
I haven't lived there but I've visited numerous times. I do not consider Bealeton culturally to be part of Northern Virginia. Very different. Lots of rednecks.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
I haven't lived there but I've visited numerous times. I do not consider Bealeton culturally to be part of Northern Virginia. Very different. Lots of rednecks.
Seriously? That's your contribution? And just what are lots of rednecks? Anyone not living in your neighborhood?

Old 06-09-2014, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 821 times
Depending on where you live in Loudoun, the Bealeton area might be a bit of a culture shock. gomason is correct, lots of rednecks. Pickup trucks, fast food and auto parts for the most part. One grocery store. The chinese place is awful. Nothing quaint or charming about the area. It is about halfway between Warrenton and Culpeper, an hour's drive to Charlottesville and 40 minutes to Fredericksburg. It's slated as a high-growth area in the county's comprehensive plan, so it will continue to get more densely developed. I live in the area, btw.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:51 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,680,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Seriously? That's your contribution? And just what are lots of rednecks? Anyone not living in your neighborhood?
Swheat described them pretty well. Sorry if that offends you but the OP was asking about the culture in Bealeton. I lived in the deep south for 12 years, so I know a redneck when I see one.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:51 AM

4 posts, read 2,979 times
Yeah, definitely worried about culture shock there because I'm as far from your typical description of redneck so I'd stand out like a sore thumb. The thing is, my husband and I like a little more country, slower paced lifestyle, less traffic, lower prices, and friendlier culture in general. We'd love to live in Warrenton because it's a small town with a lot to offer but still removed from main NoVA area. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of townhomes available for sale there in our price range...maybe 2 as of now and we are moving next winter. The townhomes are 12-15 years old and I'm not crazy about them. They aren't doing any new construction homes in Warrenton due to building restrictions I was told...Bealeton has one brand new community going up right now by Ryan Homes, which are very nice and affordable...lots of incentives to move there. They eventually will have a large community there as well as a shopping center and schools. The nice thing about living there is that it's only 10-15 minutes to Warrenton, which I would do pretty much all errands. Either that or Haymarket since I work there and my husband can transfer to Warrenton. Any other feedback is appreciated!

Old 06-11-2014, 12:27 PM

I would come see the place for myself. The area is becoming more and more populated with people wanting to get away from NOVA. Many professionals out there that work at Micron, Lockheed, Fed Govt and many other professional agencies/companies. Many LE friends of mine from PWCPD live out there. It's still has plenty of country out that way so you will find some trucks, confederate flags and so on but just drive down I 66 into towards the beltway on any given day and you'll still see those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia