U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:47 AM

5,082 posts, read 5,349,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Good thing that you guys reminded me the Silver line is not yet operational.

I rebooked the hotel now I am within walking distance to the Eisenhower station on the yellow line. Might as well as i need to go to L'Enfant plaza anyway. It is TOUGH finding hotels within walking distance to the metro and stay within per diem

It is too bad as I was so looking forward to revisit the Cheesecake factory & Legal Seafood in Tyson's mall
There is a Legal Seafood in Crystal City - a 10 minute walk from the Crystal City Metro stop and a Cheesecake Factory in Arlington - a 5 minute walk from the Clarendon Metro. So there is still hope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 07:53 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,685,852 times
If you want some good Italian food, definitely try Delia's which is right there in the Hoffman Center across from the Metro. Ted's Montana Grill also has pretty good reviews if you want a burger but a little pricy.

Please don't go to Cheesecake Factory. Northern Virginia has so many good restaurants, that would be a disgrace.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:09 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,741,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
There is a Legal Seafood in Crystal City - a 10 minute walk from the Crystal City Metro stop and a Cheesecake Factory in Arlington - a 5 minute walk from the Clarendon Metro. So there is still hope!
Good info. Thanks!

Last time I had Legal Seafood in National Airport. It's been a long time since I had east coast fresh clams so I had 1/2 dozen of little necks, then followed up with crab cake and grilled scallop & shrimp. The crab cake was really good and they actually pack it with real crab meat and not filled them with breadings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
If you want some good Italian food, definitely try Delia's which is right there in the Hoffman Center across from the Metro. Ted's Montana Grill also has pretty good reviews if you want a burger but a little pricy.

Please don't go to Cheesecake Factory. Northern Virginia has so many good restaurants, that would be a disgrace.
I missed good italians. I was beginning to think there are no good italians outside of noreast (NYC & Long Island). Good to know they have one across from the Eisenhower station

Is this a great forum or what?

Old 07-21-2014, 07:34 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,741,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
If you want some good Italian food, definitely try Delia's which is right there in the Hoffman Center across from the Metro. Ted's Montana Grill also has pretty good reviews if you want a burger but a little pricy..
So I checked in on the Holiday Inn by the Eisenhower metro. Just FYI, they are closing/ shutting down this hotel by 7/30.

By dinner time I walked acrossed the street to the Hoffman Center, a strip mall by the AMC thearter and after doing a bit survey of available eateries, I went into the Ted's Montana Grill. Yes I remembered your "recommendation" but I was feeling like having steak & the Deliah did not have it (or anything other than pasta dishes or pizza). The other choice was Ruby Tuesday, not a bad choice if I have to choose between this vs. the McDonald's.

I checked the menu & the burgers are expensive. I didn't want to pay $13 for a burger. The ribeye price was not bad, $24 for a 14 oz, since I wanted a steak anyway

Overall the food was good & the waiter's service was good as well. The receptionist was slow. 2 people right behind me left because the receptionist was nowhere to be found. He was not very friendly neither, propably stll pee-off for not getting a waiter's job. But I'll go back again just not for the burgers

Old 07-22-2014, 06:14 AM

Glad you liked it.

I see you're from Orange County. I've visited friends there numerous times, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

People in southern california are much nicer than most people on the east coast. When I visit, I find my self reminding myself to be more polite and nice because I'm not on the east coast anymore. When I moved here 11 years ago, I was also blown away by the terrible waiting service virtually everywhere. You just have to be more assertive with them and make sure you order when you can because you might not see them for another 30 minutes.

Also, cost of living is higher here than Southern California, which is my favorite part of visiting SoCal. Everything seems cheap to me.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:20 AM

3,154 posts, read 3,045,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Good thing that you guys reminded me the Silver line is not yet operational.

I rebooked the hotel now I am within walking distance to the Eisenhower station on the yellow line. Might as well as i need to go to L'Enfant plaza anyway. It is TOUGH finding hotels within walking distance to the metro and stay within per diem

It is too bad as I was so looking forward to revisit the Cheesecake factory & Legal Seafood in Tyson's mall
I think it's hilarious when people come to this area and what they really want to do is go to Cheesecake Factory. I have relatives who do that. I don't get it - Cheesecake Factory is awful.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
I think it's hilarious when people come to this area and what they really want to do is go to Cheesecake Factory. I have relatives who do that. I don't get it - Cheesecake Factory is awful.
Believe me, I agree. What I think is funnier is that there is a Cheesecake Factory on Wilson Boulevard in Clarendon. There are only 300 better restaurants around there, who would go there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or