U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 01:42 PM

708 posts, read 1,143,894 times

Advertisements

I have heard so many complaints about both makes my head spin. Hard to make a decision.

My questions is this-if you want multiple TV's (and that is where they seem to really rape you), what is the most affordable solution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 02:15 PM

109 posts, read 125,811 times
Get one of these https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Rt7JPAKZL5ce9g

I was able to get rid of all my cable boxes and only pay for my channel package + $4.99/mth for one cablecard. I don't pay for any cable boxes and that is where they get you in the Monthly bill. I got 5 TVs with unlimited DVR capabilities, I can watch TV on my cell phone or tablets from anywhere (Or over the cellular network or wifi if it's availabel where I'm at) and its not recorded stuff. I can watch TV live, complete with a guide, etc. Best deal in years!

You can thank me later ;-)

Old 09-15-2014, 08:05 PM

765 posts, read 848,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbunyan View Post
Verizon prints their bill and it DOES NOT HAVE A BREAKDOWN OF THE MONTHLY CHARGES. All they give you is the total and expect you to pay it lol. They also bill you a month in advance
What? This is absolutely not true.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:25 AM

104 posts, read 124,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfos View Post
So it's been pretty confusing trying to decide which one to get for Internet only - Cox or Fios? Anyone have any recommendations? We will be in the Centreville/Fairfax area.

I've been reading that Verizon's customer service is horrible, but the the Internet speeds are great... Cox has a 5/1 Mbps for Download/Upload for $34.99/month, while Fios is 15/5 Mbps for $29.99/month.

Any help on deciding what to get would be appreciated!! TIA!
Three things worth noting regarding broadband providers:
1/Dollars vs. speed is constantly varying based on market conditions.
2/Broadband providers will alter speeds based on saturation and costs.
3/Customer service is equally atrocious across broadband providers.

In my opinion has infrastructure that is superior to Cox. I am yet to have a multi-hour outage, which is something I incurred probably 2-3 times a year with Cox (and Comcast). That said, YMWV.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:10 AM

98 posts, read 160,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfos View Post
So it's been pretty confusing trying to decide which one to get for Internet only - Cox or Fios? Anyone have any recommendations? We will be in the Centreville/Fairfax area.

I've been reading that Verizon's customer service is horrible, but the the Internet speeds are great... Cox has a 5/1 Mbps for Download/Upload for $34.99/month, while Fios is 15/5 Mbps for $29.99/month.

Any help on deciding what to get would be appreciated!! TIA!

FIOS > Cox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia