Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 09:04 PM

707 posts, read 1,408,211 times

Advertisements

All I can say is Springfield Mall wasn't anything like Tysons but it wasn't a bad place to go and shop.
When the metro station first opened up back in 1997 it was ok but slowly the crime went up and
pretty much finished off the mall and shoppers stopped going there for fear of all the crime.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:06 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieplangdu View Post
There are metro to Bannister Mall ? There are metro to Aventura Mall?
No, but not sure what that has to do with anything. My comment was directed at the poster who stated something like "the mall is aimed towards the middle to upper class, it has nothing to worry about". I gave two examples that no matter the target demographic, that target can be driven out, thus the mall revenue suffers.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:09 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Lol the stupidity has gotten more stupider. Who the hell cares about Miami Gardens or Aventura. I could give a damn about those s-holes. They sound like the exact place I dont want to be.

Heres the thing. All the racist idiots taking this moment to talk about how metro will bring the PG crowd into Virginia dont even live in Tysons. I do. I want the metro. So all you racists go live in Woodbridge where crime evidently doesn't exist. Or Leesburg where crime doesn't exist. Or centreville where crime doesn't exist. This is not to say that those places are dangerous hang outs for "PG folks" or whatever you want to call them today. It is to say that crime happens everywhere, and in fact incidence rates of crime actually go down in urban areas on a per capita basis. SO shut the f up, and if you are so damn pissing your pants afraid; move. Some of us don't drop bricks over the sight of someone who doesnt have an ancestory.com profile with a minimum 6 generations mapped.
I do not see anyone here mentioning race other than you; I guess you associate low class and ghetto with race, which is highly racist of you as these people can be of any race.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:14 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,382,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias9193 View Post
All I can say is Springfield Mall wasn't anything like Tysons but it wasn't a bad place to go and shop.
When the metro station first opened up back in 1997 it was ok but slowly the crime went up and
pretty much finished off the mall and shoppers stopped going there for fear of all the crime.
The demographic around Springfield itself changed a lot over that time too. Any gang problems the Springfield Mall had (which were probably exaggerated in the first place) were from the surrounding area, not from people catching the Metro from DC or PG.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:08 PM

222 posts, read 239,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
No, but not sure what that has to do with anything. My comment was directed at the poster who stated something like "the mall is aimed towards the middle to upper class, it has nothing to worry about". I gave two examples that no matter the target demographic, that target can be driven out, thus the mall revenue suffers.
The post was about crimes coming to Tysons Mall because of the silver line. So if there's any mall used in comparison, it has to be a mall with a metro line. Otherwise, it'll be non sequitor.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:34 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,684,139 times
Quote:
I do not see anyone here mentioning race other than you; I guess you associate low class and ghetto with race, which is highly racist of you as these people can be of any race.
Exactly. No one has mentioned race except for Tyson's Engineer who assumes that crime is coming from certain races.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:16 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,901 times
in an M. Night shyamalan twist:

the riff raffs wont be from PG county, but from reston and sterling. POW!

(waiting for TE to explode at that idea)

Old 07-26-2014, 06:10 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,186 times
Quote:
k350 I agree with you all the way. "tysonsengineer" is either knowingly or unknowingly playing the race card, which proves to be his nature.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:35 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,243,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Additional Fairfax County Police already at Tysons Corner for Silver Line metro protection:
Fairfax County Police Unit Trained to Protect Tysons Corner Metro Station, Plaza | NBC4 Washington

Wow, they're lined-up, armed, and ready before the station even opens up! They must know something that we don't know.
What a serious non-story.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:56 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
What a serious non-story.
For it to be such a non-story, it's catching folks attention, including yourself. It actually has some importance to you because you took time to think of a reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia