Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 12:30 PM

921 posts, read 1,131,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Via metro champ? If not, your knowledge of when and where metro shuts down during snow storms is pretty pointless, and frankly incorrect much like the rest of the things you have been saying. Anything else you want to state that can easily be refuted?
Enough with the off-topic, harassing posts please. Have fun, peace!

Old 07-27-2014, 07:53 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,527,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Are you a Psychic reader? Where I live doesn't determine whether or not I travel to Northern VA on a regular basis, in which I do on a daily basis for your records.
You're just wrong. Not harassment.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:09 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,911,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Lol, watch out for trashcans. Protect the women and children! *eye roll*

its been a while and I was living in a different state, but...

have they ever found the person(s) who were blowing stuff up in theatres?

Old 07-27-2014, 08:16 PM

163 posts, read 314,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
its been a while and I was living in a different state, but...

have they ever found the person(s) who were blowing stuff up in theatres?
They caught the pranksters and they're implicating each other.. I could see throwing a menthos in a coke bottle 20 years ago but in this day and age, people are a little too on edge. It was the height of bad judgement but I'm not sure these guys need time in the federal Graybar Inn though..

Old 07-28-2014, 05:37 AM

617 posts, read 1,355,752 times
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a criminal and don't really think like one. However, I did grow up in the McLean/Falls Church area and went to Tysons's hundreds of times growing up, so while I may currently be a resident of the Lake Ridge area of Woodbridge, I'm intimately familiar with the area and its surrounding features, how fancy the mall is, etc.

Here's the thing I can't get past. As someone else said, it's something like 14-15 stops away from the areas some folks are concerned about. How many of these small time criminals want to spend 45-60 minutes taking the Metro somewhere to commit a crime, then going all the way home, when there are places much closer?

Second thing...I'm imagining a scenario, maybe I saw it here in another thread. But one of these ne'er-do-well's busts into a shop in Tysons, steals a few things and takes off. The police are in pursuit. They run full speed into the station to make their getaway, and....have to wait 8 minutes for the next train, which is as likely a scenario as anything else. Who the hell would put themselves in a situation like that? I would think they would be more likely to drive where they could be in more control of the situation, and last I checked, people have been free to drive to Tyson's from PG county or wherever longer than I've been alive. And yet, the place seems pretty safe to me, despite this "threat."

Old 07-28-2014, 09:33 AM

163 posts, read 314,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehead View Post
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a criminal and don't really think like one. However, I did grow up in the McLean/Falls Church area and went to Tysons's hundreds of times growing up, so while I may currently be a resident of the Lake Ridge area of Woodbridge, I'm intimately familiar with the area and its surrounding features, how fancy the mall is, etc.

Here's the thing I can't get past. As someone else said, it's something like 14-15 stops away from the areas some folks are concerned about. How many of these small time criminals want to spend 45-60 minutes taking the Metro somewhere to commit a crime, then going all the way home, when there are places much closer?

Second thing...I'm imagining a scenario, maybe I saw it here in another thread. But one of these ne'er-do-well's busts into a shop in Tysons, steals a few things and takes off. The police are in pursuit. They run full speed into the station to make their getaway, and....have to wait 8 minutes for the next train, which is as likely a scenario as anything else. Who the hell would put themselves in a situation like that? I would think they would be more likely to drive where they could be in more control of the situation, and last I checked, people have been free to drive to Tyson's from PG county or wherever longer than I've been alive. And yet, the place seems pretty safe to me, despite this "threat."

I agree and addressing others concerns using common sense and rational thought is probably a better way than dismissive name calling, projecting the worst intentions and hurling pejoratives like other posters are quick to do.
For nine months out of the year, Tyson's is not really the low hanging fruit that attracts criminals from across the region IMO.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:47 PM

921 posts, read 1,131,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
Who are you to judge? Like I stated, let's stay on topic.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:08 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,085,417 times
I had a good ride on the Silver Line this AM, and literally the first two people I encountered upon entering the new McLean station were police officers with German Shepards. I would not have wanted to have been on the receiving end of their pursuit.

It certainly seems like the intent is to send a strong message from the outset that the stations are safe and secure. I'm OK with that.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:08 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Who are you to judge? Like I stated, let's stay on topic.
Telling someone that the factually incorrect information that they offered is in fact, factually incorrect, is not "judging". There are better ways to back down from a position than to just start lobbing j-bombs.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:26 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB77 View Post
I had a good ride on the Silver Line this AM, and literally the first two people I encountered upon entering the new McLean station were police officers with German Shepards. I would not have wanted to have been on the receiving end of their pursuit.

It certainly seems like the intent is to send a strong message from the outset that the stations are safe and secure. I'm OK with that.

Shepherds.

Sorry but this is a pet peeve of mine since I've trained and owned them for so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia