U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 04:16 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,492,243 times

Advertisements

I find AAA great, used them 3 times they came in 15 -20 each time, I have the AAA plus so well worth it, I think it's less than $20 a year more, the plus gives you 100 miles towing, free emergency gas,$300,000 travel accident insurance, $100 worth of locksmith , $1,000 car travel interruption ( whatever that is ) free passport photos , and free maps which we all get , also regular membership just gives 5 miles of towing .

I used them twice in Georgia, once in Connecticut in the worst snow storm, 15-20 wait . AAA is the only bill I pay as soon as it comes in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 01:55 PM

617 posts, read 1,151,869 times
I must be the only person who has ever had a bad AAA experience. I was just out of college, so this may have been summer 2003 or 2004, but I was on I-95 going to Va. Beach to visit my then girlfriend and my radiator blew. This was maybe 1/2 a mile before the bridge to get into Prince William.

I had actually never bothered to get a cell phone at this point, so I hoofed it to the nearest exit, went to a hotel, rented a room and called my father, who had Triple AAA, then grabbed a shower. This was a typical Friday and the traffic was pretty bad, but he called Triple AAA and then met me there. Where we proceeded to wait. For nine hours. Every time we called them, the truck was "on the way" or "thought they found us but it was someone else." We were on the shoulder of the biggest interstate on the east coast, but somehow we were in a black hole. Eventually, a guy who wasn't affiliated with AAA gave us a tow, after AAA confirmed on the phone that they would cover the entire cost.

My wife has had it for years and has had great service anytime she needed a tire changed, a tow, whatever, so I guess that one time, stars aligned and I had a crappy day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia