Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 12:11 AM

997 posts, read 1,312,360 times

Advertisements

Can you spray her with a hose?

Police would be your best bet if this continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 06:27 PM

256 posts, read 462,797 times
Thanks for the advises and I finally started to take notes. I am also sending emails to board members so they have a record too. If it does not get solved, I will call the police next time. There is another neighbor who is also very unhappy about the noise but she prefers to stay quite !!! I am pretty sure there are more people but nobody wants to take responsibility or talk to her to keep it quite.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:05 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,419,472 times
Don't forget to make a lot of noise early in the morning to help wake her out of her alcohol induced slumber!

Old 08-31-2014, 01:42 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,242,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
Don't forget to make a lot of noise early in the morning to help wake her out of her alcohol induced slumber!
And wake other sleeping neighbors. That should work well. NOT.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:50 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,419,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
And wake other sleeping neighbors. That should work well. NOT.
True, definitely rude to innocent parties...but how man productive citizens are sleeping past 7-7:30 AM?

Old 08-31-2014, 08:01 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,002,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vademo View Post
Hi everyone-

I live in a 4 level buildings condominium. As anywhere else we have good neighbors and bad neighbors. We have a very loud ground level neighbor who drinks alcohol on her balcony and hangs out with her friends (do not live in our condominium) until late midnight. She always talks very loud and I can very easily hear the conversation in my bedroom (4th floor). It seems like it does not bother anyone else except me! I already warned her twice and always get the same result. This is my balcony and I can do whatever I want. I also brought it up to association meetings and we have very weak board. My question is that is it legal to drink alcohol on your balcony? Her balcony is at the ground level and it is even not fully surrounded with bars so she can enter or leave her building from her balcony. It has a public access and everyone can easily get in her balcony. Based on my understanding, in Virginia you are not allowed to drink alcohol or show alcohol bottle in public accessible locations. Is is it true? cannot she drink alcohol on her balcony? Can I call police to report it? Or please provide me some alternative ways to deal with this neighbor? I can get dirty but really do not want to create more problems.
Yes, I think you are right about the law. I had neighbors like that when I lived in a townhouse, and they did the same thing. When I called the police to complain about the noise, they went over and told them not only to turn the music down, but also that they could not be drinking on the deck and had to take the party inside.

God I hate neighbors who can't grow up and leave their college partying days behind and behave like adults.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:01 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,242,081 times
Quote:
True, definitely rude to innocent parties...but how man productive citizens are sleeping past 7-7:30 AM?
I did for 30 years when a police officer working mostly nights. All kind of jobs out here with people working late shifts.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:14 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,962,966 times
Quote:
I did years ago working the evening or night shift as an RN. Or don't you consider hospital workers productive citizens?

Old 09-01-2014, 01:26 PM

256 posts, read 462,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
Yes, I think you are right about the law. I had neighbors like that when I lived in a townhouse, and they did the same thing. When I called the police to complain about the noise, they went over and told them not only to turn the music down, but also that they could not be drinking on the deck and had to take the party inside.

God I hate neighbors who can't grow up and leave their college partying days behind and behave like adults.
Thanks for the advise. I definitely will do the same next time. I am glad that it is really hot these days so it is pretty quite outside.

They never grow up and behave like adults. It is very basic day to day respect to others but many people do not understand and think that respecting others limits my freedom!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: