Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 06:01 PM

706 posts, read 1,309,098 times

Advertisements

No way Valuecity is Above Bob's. When asking people at work and friends, 3 separate people said "whatever you do, don't buy from Value City" Their personal experience with Value City was very poor quality. In fact, one person said they had to replace their sofa less than a year later. Yikes.

I bought something from there a long time ago and it was awful.

Haverty's is pretty nice. They are WAY above Value City and probably well above Ashley's and Bob's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 06:06 PM

P.S. I bought this box spring Amazon.com - DynastyMattress Wood Box BROWN Foundation for memory foam, latex, and air mattresses (FULL) -
This mattress Amazon.com - DynastyMattress New Cool Breeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress-King Size - Matresses King

Thanks for tip! Reviews on mattress are great and I bet a lot cheaper than stores. Question though, the first link is for a Full size?

Old 09-15-2014, 07:25 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
P.S. I bought this box spring Amazon.com - DynastyMattress Wood Box BROWN Foundation for memory foam, latex, and air mattresses (FULL) -
This mattress Amazon.com - DynastyMattress New Cool Breeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress-King Size - Matresses King

Thanks for tip! Reviews on mattress are great and I bet a lot cheaper than stores. Question though, the first link is for a Full size?
Yes, it is for a Full size, which is smaller than a Queen, but larger than a Double.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:32 PM

109 posts, read 155,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post

I bought the King

Old 09-15-2014, 07:36 PM

109 posts, read 155,720 times
Value City had an awesome sleigh bed that was my #1 choice. Too expensive though. The quality was excellent and I definitely know how to tell a quality bed as I have to make sure they are strong enough to last and support my weight. Cheap beds break quick for me lol

Old 09-15-2014, 07:39 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbunyan View Post
I bought the King
Good call, as the Full size would not have supported the mattress you bought.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:08 PM

163 posts, read 314,765 times
You get what you pay for. Low price is usually low price for a reason.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I would rank Value City slightly above Bob's too. The name says Value City but when you walk in their showroom it definitely wasn't value pricing lol. They were the most expensive but I must admit most of their stuff looked very nice

Ranked by price. I can't rank on quality because it depends on what you are buying.

Value City
Hagerty's
Bob's
Ashley/Regency
IKEA <--Nice looking stuff but cheaply made. Breaks easily (I'm a big dude)

P.S. I bought this box spring http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And they feel a LOT better than any mattress I laid on locally. I laid on mattresses from Macy's, Mattress Discounters (What a joke lol. Their prices are bananas), Bob's, Regency, Sears...we went to virtually every mattress store in the area and laid on their gel foam mattresses. The prices STARTED at $1200 for a KING sized set. As you can see I got mines on Amazon for around $800 and it feels better than anything else.

Oh yeah. We also went to Mclean furniture. Those prices almost had me ready to pass out lol. $6,000 Versace chairs, $4000 end tables, $2000 lamps. It must be nice for the 1%. The owner said she had a low cost warehouse but we never checked it out. I felt kinda bad too because she was very very nice!
Quote:
I bought the King

Where did you find the King? What store? Amazon only has full size left.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:36 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
We got our bedroom set from Haverty's. While we like the set we bought, we didn't like the whole buying experience. Also, we got a call the day before delivery was due telling us that the furniture would be coming between noon and 4 p.m. Early on Saturday morning, the phone rang waking me up. My husband was in the shower. Guess what? Your furniture is coming in 45 minutes, they told us! I told them about the previous call and what time the furniture was supposed to arrive. No, the delivery guy said, it's coming in 45 minutes! This left us scrambling, needless to say.

So...nice furniture but not so nice buying and delivery experiences.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:16 AM

Looking at Bob's prices, they seem so much cheaper than anywhere else. How is this? Is it really that bad of quality? Anyone bought from Bob's recently?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia