Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 07:38 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,892,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinflex View Post
There is facebook page as well. Go and read the reviews: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lenna...614?sk=reviews

(make sure to expand the reviews, they are long and just posted in the last few months).

Some here to in NOVA: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/housing/brookfield.html

More info on real estate in Loudoun County, our area >>>> Want to buy a house in Loudoun? Think again

I actually think my wife took some photos with her phone, if I find, will post.

Now, that said, I am sure that every builder has complaints against them for one thing or another....but for me, after dropping $600K or so, that is a lot of money for me, and whatever I buy, better be damn rock solid!
thank you for putting that together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 06:23 PM

18 posts, read 23,526 times
I'm a realtor and would be glad to have an offline discussion with you regarding my past experience with the same question. We bought about a year ago from Stanley Martin and I'll be glad to help you walk through some of the builder traps.

As to your original question - I went down the road as you did at first (no realtor) hoping to get a better deal since they wouldn't have to pay a realtor fee, but Stanley Martin refused. If you'd like to chat, please PM me or shoot me an email.

Thanks!
Lance

Old 10-01-2014, 01:07 PM

104 posts, read 171,006 times
I agree with BOS2IAD that a Realtor would help you save money and ensure your best interests are looked out for. Before I became a Realtor I used my brother-in-law as my own Realtor who helped us buy our home from a builder. We could have done it ourselves but it was nice to have someone who knew the ins and outs of this market and who could explain all the legalese to us. If you plan to sell in the future a Realtor can advise on options buyers generally want - some are worth the builder doing, others are not depending on your needs, plans for the home and length you plan to stay.
Looking at the comps on my own home now we definitely got one of the best deals on our block. Only the first home sold on the street got a comparable deal.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:25 PM

658 posts, read 724,131 times
Get a realtor at your interest. Seal a deal with him/her on possible points back. For example, if the realtor will get 3% on the total purchase price of the house, you can ask for a 1% back to you. That's money that you will NOT get if you did not have a realtor during the purchasing process. Some builders have strict rules that the realtor must be presented at the initial buying process, basically the first time you see the house. By having a Realtor will HELP you not hurt...so again I would definitely seek one and inform the seller that you will have one through out the entire experience.

good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia