Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 09:36 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,719,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
ah..the Untraschnell....a lovely route. Be sure to stop in Youteras and Oovarees. But watch out, you don't want to come across bands of random Fighbroyds.....they are a tought crowd and can cause a lot of pain.
Ouch! Haha! There's talk of extending it to Penesylvania...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
If it's a super highway I'm against it.
As long as it's not a toll road, right?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 09:49 AM

795 posts, read 1,008,154 times
could this be another love fest coming on? i can feel it.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:00 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
I heard that, too. Extending it up to Intercourse, at least.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:07 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,315,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post

As long as it's not a toll road, right?!
Thats the kind of witty commentary that won you the big money

Old 09-23-2014, 01:12 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,386,547 times
Virginia feels like home to me. The state just has a lot to offer, you have city, small towns, mountains and beaches. It's a very fascinating place.

Like I had mentioned earlier Im from New York, I've lived in Florida, Washington State, and Germany. If I couldn't live in Virginia I would most likely live in Connecticut cause New England is very pretty, being closer to NYC and Boston would be fun places to visit, I am not a city person, love to explore on the weekends but don't wan't to live there.

Virginia simply put is the bomb, it offers 4 seasons, access to DC, they always have something going on somewhere, and if you're outdoorsy like myself, there's lots to adventure off to.

Virginia is for people who love history and the outdoors, if you don't like beautiful scenery then move to Manhattan and stare at buildings all day.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:43 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,348,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Oh you dont know whats up with the OP?

PUERTO RICans in NoVa

Pretty much sums it up. Classic troll, capital letters and everything. PUERTO RICans? OP needs to grow the hell up and go see some sunshine and get out of mama's basement. Their online persona is a fake one.
I knew the op was a nut job when he said he knew nothing about DC but lives in Alexandria...haha

Old 09-24-2014, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,114 times
We moved here from the Peoples' Republic of Maryland and are delighted with the state. In Fredericksburg, which can be stretched into being Southern NOVA, we're equidistant from Richmond, the State Capitol and Washington DC, the Nation's Capitol. And even better, we're only about between one and two hours from the seashore or the mountains!
And history? Take your pick of wars: Revolutionary - Yorktown where Washington defeated Cornwallis, Civil - Richmond, once the capitol of the Confederacy and Appomattox where General Lee surrendered, just to name a few.
You are right, of course, about a large percentage of the population of Northern Virginia being transient, but that's just the nature of the area. It's to be expected when a 'regime' has a maximum shelf life of eight years. (OK - 10 under certain conditions )
And forgive me, Marylanders, but we've found that the Virginians, at least where we live, are somewhat more laid back and easier to get along with.
So, yes - I'm both pleased and proud to be a Virginian, even if I am a transplant.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:34 PM

41 posts, read 92,182 times
I choose Nova to be my Home home. I choose it to raise my 5 boys. I love VA. vA is for lovers like the slogan says it well. I understand your pride. And am proud to call VA my home. ( am from Europe, moved here 4 years ago). Stay proud to be a Virginian. Nothing wrong with that. We have good schools, the best road infrastructures of the country, a 4 seasons weather per year... VA is one with the lowest unemployement rate...the economy is doing well...so what else ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia