Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 08:17 PM

9,772 posts, read 15,771,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I've never know a library where 5pm-12 am aren't the "peak" hours.
I believe he meant that it won't be peak hours for parking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 07:24 AM

110 posts, read 245,939 times
I went to school at GW and would drive and park. If you're not getting there until the evenings/nights, parking is rarely an issue. It's pretty easy to find free street parking after the employees in the area have gone home to work.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,550 times
Mason's Arlington campus sounds like the closest location that would work for you, but I'd also recommend Mason's main campus in Fairfax. It's not a bad drive from Falls Church at all (I did that ride for years) and there are always people around studying. Fenwick is the main library - anyone can walk in and sit down - and it has better hours than a public library for sure. But the Johnson Center is open even later. The Johnson Center is basically Mason's student union building and there are tables and carrells all over the place, where people are always studying. There's even a Starbucks on campus that I think is open 24 hours now during the semester. Also a popular place to study!

Old 01-12-2015, 08:34 AM

256 posts, read 462,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoxies View Post
Mason's Arlington campus sounds like the closest location that would work for you, but I'd also recommend Mason's main campus in Fairfax. It's not a bad drive from Falls Church at all (I did that ride for years) and there are always people around studying. Fenwick is the main library - anyone can walk in and sit down - and it has better hours than a public library for sure. But the Johnson Center is open even later. The Johnson Center is basically Mason's student union building and there are tables and carrells all over the place, where people are always studying. There's even a Starbucks on campus that I think is open 24 hours now during the semester. Also a popular place to study!
I am graduated from Mason so I used to live in Johnson Center I do not mind driving but parking got extremely expensive in Mason. I still have no idea about public parking after 6PM. I know that they hold public parking spaces for events but I do not know if they will let me park without a sticker after 6PM. Do you have any idea about it?

Old 01-12-2015, 06:42 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,574,188 times
Park at Mason. Park next to the field house across the street from campus. Its street parking so its free.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:20 PM

6 posts, read 24,738 times
Default THanks - any non-library favorites to study in?

Thanks for the info folks! Does anyone have any non-library favorites near Falls Church for studying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia