Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 05:38 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Annandale haunts my dreams. It's overflowing out of it's boundaries and turns up in the randomest of places, including Springfield... yes the Annandale driver syndrome cannot seem to be stopped. I advise you never to go to Springfield if you actually like your vehicle.
I don't even understand this post - what is the "Annandale" driver syndrome? - I go there (have good friends there) - I go to Springfield - haven't been in any accidents in either area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 05:57 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,090,101 times
Quote:
Annandale haunts my dreams. It's overflowing out of it's boundaries and turns up in the randomest of places, including Springfield... yes the Annandale driver syndrome cannot seem to be stopped. I advise you never to go to Springfield if you actually like your vehicle.
Too late. Spent lots of time driving around both and never had a problem. I guess you think this is funny, but it just seems xenophobic to me.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:41 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB77 View Post
Too late. Spent lots of time driving around both and never had a problem. I guess you think this is funny, but it just seems xenophobic to me.
can't comment about anything around without somebody getting offended. do we have to survey all the drivers to make sure I didn't offend them based on their race/ethnicity/gender/religion....? is it ok if they are of my race, but not my gender? or what about different religions?
Am I allowed to comment about what I have seen in a region of NOVA without you assigning racist leanings to my observations?

Old 02-01-2015, 07:08 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,359,516 times
Quote:

I don't think Mangokiwi is xenophobic, just a poor driver causing issues around Annandale/Springfield.

Needs to get off the road and head back to driving school.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:11 PM

everybody around here could use a refresher course, I think, it certainly wouldn't hurt!

Old 02-02-2015, 06:13 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,142,117 times
I like Annadale, I haven't seen any run down areas. Mostly lots of SFH. Annadale is considered Koreatown for good reason, along Little River Turnpike inside the beltway, you will see almost every business has a Korean and English business sign. Great place to get Korean food, yum.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:47 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,090,101 times
Quote:
can't comment about anything around without somebody getting offended. do we have to survey all the drivers to make sure I didn't offend them based on their race/ethnicity/gender/religion....? is it ok if they are of my race, but not my gender? or what about different religions?
Am I allowed to comment about what I have seen in a region of NOVA without you assigning racist leanings to my observations?
Please show me where I assigned "racist leanings" to your observations. I said your posts seemed "xenophobic," which seemed like a fair comment given your pointed remark (#24) that Annandale was supposedly full of "foreigners" who don't know local laws or know how to drive correctly. If anyone conducted an informal survey of drivers in Annandale, it apparently was you.

It's tiring. Everyone knows Annandale is diverse. If you can't deal with the fact that a lot of people seeking a better life ended up there, you can hang out in some place like Clarendon with the rest of the beer-pong crowd. There are a lot of people who have to adjust to the quicker pace of life in NoVa - and they might be from Tennessee, Korea or Eritrea.

Last edited by JD984; 02-03-2015 at 09:34 AM..

Old 02-03-2015, 09:12 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,359,516 times
Quote:
Please show me where I assigned "racist leanings" to your observations. I said your posts seemed "xenophobic," which seemed like a fair comment given your pointed remark that Annandale was supposedly full of "foreigners" who don't know local laws and don't know how to drive correctly. If anyone conducted an informal survey of drivers in Annandale, it apparently was you.

It's tiring. Everyone knows Annandale is diverse. If you can't deal with the fact that a lot of people seeking a better life ended up there, it might be less stressful for you to hang out in some place like Clarendon with the rest of the beer-pong crowd. There are a lot of people who have to adjust to the quicker pace of life in NoVa - and they might just as easily be from Tennessee as from Korea or Eritrea.

Even Clarendon is not that homogenous, you have a decent amount of yuppies with diverse background there. And the Clarendon crowd does not really come off as xenophobic or prejudiced either.

Mangokiwi just needs to leave NoVa already.

But prior to that, go to driving school

Old 02-03-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Please show me where I assigned "racist leanings" to your observations. I said your posts seemed "xenophobic," which seemed like a fair comment given your pointed remark (#24) that Annandale was supposedly full of "foreigners" who don't know local laws or know how to drive correctly. If anyone conducted an informal survey of drivers in Annandale, it apparently was you.

It's tiring. Everyone knows Annandale is diverse. If you can't deal with the fact that a lot of people seeking a better life ended up there, you can hang out in some place like Clarendon with the rest of the beer-pong crowd. There are a lot of people who have to adjust to the quicker pace of life in NoVa - and they might be from Tennessee, Korea or Eritrea.
You're putting words in my mouth. I said that the foreigners came here and apparently didn't bother to learn American driving laws. The rest of that gibberish you just wrote is your own interpretation. People who drive like this is Hong Kong or Nairobi, are not driving safe. This is the USA and they need to learn our driving laws. I haven't been in an accident yet but I have had enough close calls and seen enough insane driving in Annandale to decide it's not a good place to live if you don't like car accidents.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
Even Clarendon is not that homogenous, you have a decent amount of yuppies with diverse background there. And the Clarendon crowd does not really come off as xenophobic or prejudiced either.

Mangokiwi just needs to leave NoVa already.

But prior to that, go to driving school
I never said anything about homogenous, which you keep trying to pretend that I said. Where the majority of people are from the USA anyway, they understand our driving laws. You come off as prejudiced because you're ready to jump on anybody with your racist assumptions. Please go live in Annnandale if you think it's so lovely. I certainly won't because I don't like having to constantly worry about being involved in some kind of car accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: