Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 04:00 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germany2DC View Post
Yeah, I've considered slugging also. The Bob's or Long John Silver's line is only two blocks from our hotel. Just have to see how close it would get me to my office in DC. Thanks for the tip!
Most common would be dropping off at Pentagon. It's popular to make metro connections since many do not work at Pentagon.

Quick metro ride on yellow line to Chinatown and you're there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 03:59 AM

86 posts, read 108,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Most common would be dropping off at Pentagon. It's popular to make metro connections since many do not work at Pentagon.

Quick metro ride on yellow line to Chinatown and you're there.
Thanks! But according to the Slug Line website, there are no routes that go to the Pentagon from Bob's. They only go into DC with stops about 1-1.5 miles from my work. Wouldn't be bad on days with good weather but would prefer not to have to walk that in the rain.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:34 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,790,796 times
Is it possible that the hotel has a shuttle to the Metro?

Old 02-21-2015, 08:58 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,785,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
It probably does - almost all the hotels in Springfield have shuttles that go to and from the F-S Metro in my experience. However, I think that would probably still take longer than the Pentagon bus. I'm guessing OP is staying at either the Homewood Suites or the Residence Inn, both of which are quite close to the Olde Keene Mill Rd/Spring Rd stop. And, since the bus is able to pretty much go straight on to the express lanes from that location, it's actually likely to be a pretty quick bus ride. I bet on most days, the length of the bus ride to the Pentagon is only about 15-20 minutes.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Yeah, we're staying at the Residence and there is a shuttle. I've considered that as well. Probably will try both the 18P and shuttle to see which one works out the best.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:03 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know how close the Metro Bus lot at the Pentagon is to the Metro Rail station? Are they right next to each other where you literally can't miss the station or do you have to do some walking? Thanks.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:45 AM

153 posts, read 173,634 times
Hello.

I think your best bet is an express Metrobus to the Pentagon Station, and then the Yellow Line to Gallery Place-Chinatown.

Two express Metrobus routes serve Spring Road: the 18P and the 18H. The 18H is generally less crowded than the 18P. Both routes go directly to the Pentagon after your stop.

It's a 60-second walk to the Metro station from where the buses drop passengers off. Entrances to the train station are clearly marked. You shouldn't have to wait more than 6 minutes for a Yellow Line train to service the platform.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:37 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,785,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germany2DC View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know how close the Metro Bus lot at the Pentagon is to the Metro Rail station? Are they right next to each other where you literally can't miss the station or do you have to do some walking? Thanks.
It's close. I think 1 minute or so is a good estimate. There are two rows of bus depots. If your bus comes to the lower row, you'll have a set of stairs/elevator/escalator to go up and then you sort of circle around to the sides of the area and go down a set of stairs/escalator/elevator - there are separate entrances on both sides of the area. There are plenty of other people doing the transfer so it's not too difficult to figure out where to go, although there are also plenty of people going into the Pentagon - just don't try to go through the entrances with guards standing there. One of those things where the first time you do it you'll probably be a little confused about where to go, but after you do it a couple of times, it'll be very easy.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:03 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,426,603 times
You could also take the 18G or 18H in addition to the 18P as they all go to the Pentagon Metro. This will be your fastest and easiest trip as the buses come by every 10 minutes or so during the morning commute. There is no point to slugging when a bus stop is ten feet out the door.

You can take the 312 bus (or hotel shuttle bus I guess) to the Franconia Metro, but it doesn't come as often and the trip to work will be 20 minutes longer. Silly idea imo.

Technically you could walk to the metro, but you are on the wrong side of 95 so it would be quite a trek...would not recommend it and obviously would take you forever.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the responses, everyone. When getting on the Metro rail at the Pentagon, I'm assuming it will be obvious which line is blue and which is yellow so no mistaking and getting on the wrong train? Have read in another post that it can be somewhat confusing at the F-S Metro station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia