Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:04 AM

6 posts, read 147,607 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
On dec/28, I got the ticket for reckless driving (RD) on I-81 N near harrisonburg. I was 83/65. I am looking for a lawyer and hoping that the charges could be reduced to only speeding as RD is a criminal offense in VA. Another reason for looking for a lawyer is that I already have another speeding ticket in feb/2007 (for 42/25).
Can you guys please recommend a good lawyer in that area.

Thanks a lot,

Sushant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 33,238 times
Hey there,
I just went to court today for my reckless 85/65. My record was nearly identical to yours. I hired a lawyer by the name of William Eldridge IV located nearly across the street from the Harrisonburg court house. He was great, got it reduced to speeding 79/65. He also got that done in Woodstock where my court appearance was. www.eldridgeandellege.com (broken link). Also, you should probably register for a Driver Improvement Course ASAP.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:07 PM

Hey there.. thanks for the reply. Good to know that your ticket was reduced to just speeding. I have hired a lawyer named Robert Keefer (whose office is also near harrisonburg court house) and I have also registered for the driving improvement class for this saturday. My lawyer says he should be able to get my ticket reduced to speeding and I do not have to go to court house on that day. he will take care of it. So, lets see what happens. My date is Feb/13.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:46 AM

47 posts, read 310,576 times
Or, how about just slowing down? New fines for the habitual offender could pull up to $5,000.00 out of your pocket. Yes, that includes wreckless driving.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:22 AM

Hi,
Just wanted to update you all. My reckless driving offense was reduced to improper driving today. I did take the driving improvement class beforehand. The fine i have to pay now is around $311 including court fee (plus i paid $750 to my lawyer).

So it was expensive... just want to request all to not speed as it not only costs money but dangerous to you and others around you.

-Sushant

Old 05-07-2008, 07:37 AM

1 posts, read 32,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushant View Post
Hi,
Just wanted to update you all. My reckless driving offense was reduced to improper driving today. I did take the driving improvement class beforehand. The fine i have to pay now is around $311 including court fee (plus i paid $750 to my lawyer).

So it was expensive... just want to request all to not speed as it not only costs money but dangerous to you and others around you.

-Sushant
I got into a similar thing and I was wondering. First of all I was driving and lost control of my car and flipped twice into a median in VA on highway 181. They didnt give me a ticket there, but they gave me a paper to appear in court on the 22nd of this month. I just turned 19 this month and Im not sure of what to expect or what I can do to reduce the punishment. Im also in the army, so if theres anything you can help me with, please let me know.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:38 AM

3 posts, read 39,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushant View Post
Hi,

-Sushant
Did you get a lawyer after all?

Old 05-07-2008, 12:11 PM

128 posts, read 355,833 times
I just got a reckless ticket this morning on the Dulles Greenway. I'm looking for a good attorney in or near Loudoun County, as I will be appearing at the court in Leesburg. If anyone has a good recommendation please let me know.

As a side note, I read somewhere that the abusive driver fees have been repealed...is this true?

Thank you!

Old 05-07-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Did you get a lawyer after all?
Yes, like i said in my post. I had to pay $750 to the lawyer

Old 05-30-2008, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 32,874 times
Default lawyer recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skijmpr View Post
I just got a reckless ticket this morning on the Dulles Greenway. I'm looking for a good attorney in or near Loudoun County, as I will be appearing at the court in Leesburg. If anyone has a good recommendation please let me know.

As a side note, I read somewhere that the abusive driver fees have been repealed...is this true?

Thank you!
I recently was in the same situation, I got pulled over on the toll road where they said the speed went down from 55 to 35. The charged me with reckless driving, I hired a lawyer in Leesburg that got it reduced to a no points violation. While I usually don't like lawyers, this guy was actually very professional and I was happy with how things worked out. The lawyer's name and number is:

Thomas Rock
703 777 1141

Hope this helps...Good Luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia