U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 01:05 AM

3 posts, read 5,592 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am thinking of moving into Bellefonte Gardens (415 E Bellefonte Ave) in Alexandria, VA. I met with the property manager for a tour last weekend. The property manager seems to be very nice and friendly. The place looks nice. The neighborhood also appears to be safe. But I did not get a chance to talk to the people living in the residence, which I should have done. I want to be sure that this place is good, safe, and quiet before applying. I am not able to find reviews of this apartment in apartmentratings.com or yelp.com, which concerns me a bit. If anyone knows about this apartment building and neighborhood, preferably residents/former residents, can you please give me an honest review about this place? Pros/Cons? Do you recommend the place or should I stay away? Also, upon doing some research, I realize that Bellefonte Gardens are Section 8 Assisted Living Units, which makes me want to investigate a little harder before deciding whether I should move in to this apartment or not.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
sng1986
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 05:33 AM

946 posts, read 532,917 times
Check the Alexandria Virginia Crime reports for that area (I have no information, plus or minus on this apartment complex). Also, since you know that these Apartments are section 8, then you are advised accordingly. If there were just a few section 8 apartments, that is one thing, but an entire section 8 complex is quite another. Lest any of you think that I am elitist, I grew up in the housing projects of a small NJ town.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:19 AM

518 posts, read 782,186 times
My in-laws live in Bellefonte Gardens. It is a very nice quiet neighborhood. I have never noticed anything sketchy about the neighborhood at all. The only problem can be parking for visitors which is on street.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:12 PM

153 posts, read 119,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sng1986 View Post
Hello,

I am thinking of moving into Bellefonte Gardens (415 E Bellefonte Ave) in Alexandria, VA. I met with the property manager for a tour last weekend. The property manager seems to be very nice and friendly. The place looks nice. The neighborhood also appears to be safe. But I did not get a chance to talk to the people living in the residence, which I should have done. I want to be sure that this place is good, safe, and quiet before applying. I am not able to find reviews of this apartment in apartmentratings.com or yelp.com, which concerns me a bit. If anyone knows about this apartment building and neighborhood, preferably residents/former residents, can you please give me an honest review about this place? Pros/Cons? Do you recommend the place or should I stay away? Also, upon doing some research, I realize that Bellefonte Gardens are Section 8 Assisted Living Units, which makes me want to investigate a little harder before deciding whether I should move in to this apartment or not.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
sng1986
Hello. I can't comment on Bellefonte Gardens per se, but the surrounding area (Del Ray) is one of the most desirable family-oriented parts of Alexandria. You're within easy walking distance to a number of shops and restaurants along Mount Vernon Avenue; you're also a short walking distance to a Giant and CVS.

Crime in the area tends to be petty. Just stick to your common sense, and you shouldn't have any problem.

Best of luck.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:17 PM

3 posts, read 5,592 times
Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it. If anyone else know about the safety of the apartment at Bellefonte Gardens, please let me know.

Thanks again,
sng1836

Old 03-31-2015, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,348 times
I'm a current resident at Bellefonte Gardens, in the process of moving out next week. I've lived here for almost 2 1/2 years, and the building is safe. It's not section 8 housing, as far as I know...I think you probably found the info for the units right next door, which are called "Bellefonte Apartments," not "Bellefonte Gardens." Those are section 8 for disabled/low income.

The neighborhood is great, easy access to public transit, not too loud, safe, lots of families, Giant and CVS are a 5 minute walk. Mt. Vernon Ave has great restaurants.

The building is not too bad, and if you're on a top floor unit (like I am), it's not too loud and there are no roaches. 1st and 2nd floor units can hear the people above them.

Pros: awesome neighborhood, low crime, acceptable building, cheap rent.

Cons: poorly insulated, slow internet, old air conditioners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia