U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 12:53 PM

30 posts, read 23,927 times

Advertisements

tgbwc thanks for the clarification.

Any opinions on Graham Park Middle School? The reviews about the area in general seem a little sketchy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 02:00 PM

1,833 posts, read 1,803,290 times
Graham Park is to say the least..... Not so great all. I will refrain from calling it terrible but there's much room for improvement. The middle school is very run down and there used to be gang activity. A good friend of mine used to be a guidance counselor there, good luck!

Old 04-05-2015, 02:55 PM

6,553 posts, read 10,842,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAction View Post
tgbwc thanks for the clarification.

Any opinions on Graham Park Middle School? The reviews about the area in general seem a little sketchy.
Let me say now regarding Graham Park. NO.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:19 PM

10,596 posts, read 12,088,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Let me say now regarding Graham Park. NO.
Totally agree.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:24 PM

30 posts, read 23,927 times
It seems that the Graham Park thing has turned me into a new search direction. 2 of my children were previous students in the Portsmouth public school system so anything similar or worse isn't going to work!

If I have any questions on anything new I find I will be here to ask. You guys/gals have been a help already!

Old 04-05-2015, 05:39 PM

664 posts, read 1,619,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAction View Post
Thanks for the replies so far!

We aren't too caught up on the schooldigger type rankings. I think that its what the student makes of it!! We were however, looking for smaller schools in terms of enrollment which is why Patriot, Brentsville and Manassas Park have been on our radar! (1600 and below enrollment) If anyone has an opinion on these schools please share!!!
!
Patriot is severely overcrowded so if you are looking for a smaller school, I would consider Brentsville over Patriot. Also, Brentsville IS open to transfers, so if you live outside of the boundaries, your child may be able to enroll there if he/she is considering one of the specialty programs (Cambridge, etc.) Due to overcrowding, Patriot is NOT open for transfer, so unless you live in their boundaries, your child will not be able to go there.

I am not familiar with Manassas Park high school; Manassas Park and the city of Manassas each manage their own school system, separate from Prince William County Schools.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:58 PM

10,596 posts, read 12,088,527 times
I thought the Montclair neighborhood fed into Saunders Middle School versus Graham Park?

Old 04-05-2015, 06:12 PM

5,738 posts, read 8,940,261 times
I love exclamtion points!

Old 04-05-2015, 06:29 PM

1,833 posts, read 1,803,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereinVA View Post
Patriot is severely overcrowded so if you are looking for a smaller school, I would consider Brentsville over Patriot. Also, Brentsville IS open to transfers, so if you live outside of the boundaries, your child may be able to enroll there if he/she is considering one of the specialty programs (Cambridge, etc.) Due to overcrowding, Patriot is NOT open for transfer, so unless you live in their boundaries, your child will not be able to go there.

I am not familiar with Manassas Park high school; Manassas Park and the city of Manassas each manage their own school system, separate from Prince William County Schools.
There's no Manassas park high school. I think you mean osbourn park, also I wouldn't really recommend Brentsville depending on where the OP is from.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:18 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,122,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I thought the Montclair neighborhood fed into Saunders Middle School versus Graham Park?
"Northern" parts of Montclair feed into Saunders, but the "Southern" parts are Graham Park.

To add to any confusion, a portion near Southlake feeds into Benton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia