Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 07:27 AM

2,429 posts, read 4,022,561 times

Advertisements

Thanks in Advance.
Maybe someone in NoVA knows the Charlottesvile area? I've posted there but that board gets NO action.

Looking for ideas for best neighborhoods for an apartment search for a SINGLE FEMALE. SAFETY, amenities, and parking should be good. This person will be working at the UVA Hospital, all kinds of hours.
-- Does NOT have to be downtown...half hour commute is OK, north or east would be good because she'll be driving home to MD a lot. Not interested in noisy areas that at too student oriented.

I've looked at crime maps -- but they were confusing.

-- How is traffic going down the Rt. 29 corridor. She's from the DC area so is used to THAT kind of traffic. I'm thinking that whatever Rte 29 is like, it's got to be better than the DC commute.

Rate these places, comments? Thanks again

-- Arden Place
-- Avemore
-- Jefferson Ridge
-- Reserve at Belvedere
-- Stonefield Commons
-- Abbington Crossing
-- Barclay Place
-- Berkshire and Barter Court
-- Eagles Landling
-- Grand Marc at the Corner
-- Greens at Hollymead
-- Inglewood Square
-- Landmark at Granite park
-- North Woods at the Four Seasons
-- Terrace Green Apts
-- Westgate Apts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 08:04 AM

6,561 posts, read 8,393,687 times
Charlottesville is my old stomping ground, and although I occasionally visit, it's been so long since I was in C'ville on a regular basis, I'm not familiar enough to be able to recommend where to live.

I do suggest avoiding areas around the downtown mall. The mall itself is rife with vagrants and is sketchy after dark. Unless you're with a group of people, the downtown mall is best visited during daylight hours. I'd also suggest avoiding the areas around Jefferson Street which is mainly low-income housing, and in my day, was the part of the city we avoided venturing into.

Traffic along Rt. 29 is congested during rush hours because of the many stoplights, although they are timed pretty well. After living in NoVA, I find the congestion in C'ville a non-event.

Students are going to live as close as possible to campus, so I don't imagine a large population of students living at someplace like the Greens at Hollymead which is outside of city limits.

I suggest taking a Saturday and visiting the apartment complexes you've listed to get a feel for the neighborhoods and amenities.

Last edited by HokieFan; 04-21-2015 at 08:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia