Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 04:07 PM

16 posts, read 25,899 times

Advertisements

Wow! Thank you all so much!!! This has been very helpful!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 04:13 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,430,885 times
When you say Chantilly, make sure if you are talking Fairfax County or Loudoun County. If I remember right, Fairfax Chantillys zip code is 22151. Loudouns Chantilly zip is 22152. Different school systems, both good, but as someone else pointed out, Loudoun at this point has only half day kindergarten.

Edit: I realize "good" is a relative term. Everyone has an opinion, but you are the best to know, investigate and decide what is good for both of your children.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:38 PM

16 posts, read 25,899 times
Thanks! In Chantilly, we ran across this beautiful neighborhood called "Dawson's Corner". I just fell in love with the family-friendly vibe there. Saw lots of kids out playing, there's a tot spot, soccer field, etc. I'm not sure what county that's in, but wherever we go I'd like I find a nice, family-oriented neighborhood like that. If anyone is familiar with any place comparable in Leesburg, that would be great! After reading the posts, it seems like Leesburg might make more sense, but wherever we go is going to depend on which school will be better for my oldest son. There's a school called the Aurora School in Leesburg that we are considering that we plan to visit as well when we go up next. It's just so difficult to try to pick the right place to live when you've never really been there and your hundreds of miles away! Thanks so much for your help!!!

Old 05-04-2015, 07:59 PM

I don't know a thing about Dawson's Corner but did look and it is Loudoun County. Only suggestion is to check out the drive as Rt. 50 east to rt 28 and beyond can be a HORRIBLE commute. There is a "back" route that goes on the west side of Dulles to head up towards Herndon but I don't know it and don't know if it would be helpful or not. They have been widening Rt. 50 in that area, but they are also putting in more and more homes out there too.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:16 AM

529 posts, read 750,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choff5 View Post
When you say Chantilly, make sure if you are talking Fairfax County or Loudoun County. If I remember right, Fairfax Chantillys zip code is 22151. Loudouns Chantilly zip is 22152. Different school systems, both good, but as someone else pointed out, Loudoun at this point has only half day kindergarten.

Edit: I realize "good" is a relative term. Everyone has an opinion, but you are the best to know, investigate and decide what is good for both of your children.
I believe the zip codes 20151 (Fairfax county Chantilly) and 20152 (Loudoun county Chantilly).

Old 05-05-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvVA View Post
I believe the zip codes 20151 (Fairfax county Chantilly) and 20152 (Loudoun county Chantilly).
Yep, that's right. Sorry! I now live in one that begins with 22 so was on the new default.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:19 AM

529 posts, read 750,741 times
Quote:
Yep, that's right. Sorry! I now live in one that begins with 22 so was on the new default.
Not a problem. I just pointed out for the OP as OP is not familiar with this area.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,125,760 times
Quote:
I don't know a thing about Dawson's Corner but did look and it is Loudoun County. Only suggestion is to check out the drive as Rt. 50 east to rt 28 and beyond can be a HORRIBLE commute. There is a "back" route that goes on the west side of Dulles to head up towards Herndon but I don't know it and don't know if it would be helpful or not. They have been widening Rt. 50 in that area, but they are also putting in more and more homes out there too.
The Rt 50 corridor is not a bad commute TODAY, because they just opened up the 3 lanes in each direction from 28 to Poland Rd. I stress "today" because they are about to start construction to widen 606 ( the "back" route you mention above) which will make both routes hellish, again, for another couple years. This, plus the hundreds of homes they are adding in Aldie/ South Riding will ensure this brief period of normal traffic will remain extremely brief.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:04 PM

8 posts, read 5,714 times
I live in Ashburn which is a few miles from Leesburg. I don't know much about private educational resources in Loudoun county; but the Loudoun County Public School system is outstanding, and offers a great program for autistic children. In fact, my three year old daugher is high-functioning autistic, and attends a pre-school run by the county school system. She is picked-up three days per week by school bus, and attends class at a local elementary school with six other children. She has really done well, and looks forward to attending school. Loudoun country schools offer an out-reach called Child Find. They will evaluate your child, and if your son qualifies, will enroll him in the program free of charge. By the way, Ashburn is a bit far from McLean; but it is a wonderful suburb with several adjacent planned communities with plenty of activities especially after-school soccer, football etc. It is also very safe. Hope this helps.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:04 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,264,317 times
I'm familar with Dawson's Corner and if you are working in Tyson's, frankly, I think you are better off living in Leesburg or near the greenway and Toll rd as you can get. If you lived in Dawson's (near Ticonderogo Farms off Gum Springs) you would battle getting to 50 or sitting on Braddock Rd to get to 50,606, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia