U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 07:47 AM

4,822 posts, read 2,873,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314Pie View Post
and you are the reason people are cheering on bicyclists snipers in san fran.
(leader of a bike group killed while biking in traffic w/group by a rooftop sniper.)
While I do not agree with killing bicyclists his posts kind of make me dislike bikers severely.

I usually do not think about bicyclists but when I see them I try to do what I think is right. Sometimes I make mistakes. It is not on purpose.

The sense of entitlement and the double standard in his posts make me want to vomit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 08:48 AM

7,923 posts, read 9,636,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post

The sense of entitlement and the double standard in his posts make me want to vomit.
I tend to agree. I recognize that bicyclists have the right (in many cases) to ride in the road, which may often times drastically slow down the motorists behind them. While this may be completely legal, it does not mean that those motorists will not get frustrated and angry. And to add that frustration and anger on top of someone who is already having a nightmare commute due to weather condition, it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

The attitude of "it's legal, so I will do what I want, when I want" may provide a moral victory for you. But that moral victory may also come with an unintended injury or death. You may be "right", but that person you are annoying has a 5K LB advantage over you. Why temp the fates?

Old 01-29-2016, 09:26 AM

5,076 posts, read 5,344,717 times
A bicyclist spat on my car a few weeks ago. He was on a cross street and had a stop sign, I was in a line of cars traveling the speed limit (25mph) and no stop sign. So I didn't stop and he spat on my car as I drove past.

FWIW, I would not have stopped to let a car cross either. You wait at the stop sign until it's safe to cross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia