U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 10:15 AM

397 posts, read 280,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
Nice. I'm agreeing with you and saying it's ridiculous that you're having to deal with the key.

And yes, I'm a licensed agent.
Sorry, maybe I misread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 10:23 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,816,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Tauzier View Post
I know on the buy side of the transaction, you are passed from agent to agent to agent.
Yet "drop the key off with my secretary" is acceptable with traditional realtors? That would annoy me too. Partner agent, secretary...I don't really see the difference. On the buying side Redfin's refund is pretty nonexistent now and they function much more like other agents. You could probably find a traditional buyer's agent willing to work for 2% quite easily and receive a better refund than Redfin.

However, Redfin will sell your home for 4% and give you back the other 2% (less their min $4K commission) in NOVA. They do have one of the better home search websites, use professional photos...so they might be worth a shot there. I don't know how full service they are, but it sounds like you are really not happy with what you thought was going to be full service. OP I would check them out if you do decide to switch.

Old 12-12-2015, 10:44 AM

1,583 posts, read 2,121,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd888 View Post
Yet "drop the key off with my secretary" is acceptable with traditional realtors? That would annoy me too. Partner agent, secretary...I don't really see the difference.
Agreed.

Someone has to go and put a lockbox on the property, why not get the key then? Or when the sign install happens??

Too many shortcomings it sounds with this agent, atleast from what I've read here.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:06 PM

274 posts, read 595,415 times
Oh please, if an extra key isn't available at the listing appointment, or photo shoot, or whatever, it is perfect acceptable to say "drop it off or I'll pick it up". Of ALL things, this should not be a thing. If it is a thing, there are a 100 things that will go wrong with this listing, because ego is interpreting things.
#notmyclient

Quote:
Agreed.

Someone has to go and put a lockbox on the property, why not get the key then? Or when the sign install happens??

Too many shortcomings it sounds with this agent, atleast from what I've read here.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:08 PM

274 posts, read 595,415 times
Don't pander to something you don't know about. Have you ever had a client that wasn't ready to provide a key? There are no shortcomings with an agent who can't get a key.

Quote:
Agreed.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:57 PM

232 posts, read 293,094 times
In my opinion, it is all about the communication. From what I have read, it all comes down to both parties not being on the same page of expectations. I was very fortunate in my first home sale in that I had a great agent that walked me through every step and explained each process. He was very helpful and absolutely worked hard. But that is not to say that all agents are that clear, work that hard or that each agent is a good fit for each client.

6% - which is 3% to the buyer's agent and 3% to the seller agent. Is standard. But there are many agents now that will be open to negotiating. Key to that is to ensure that if they agree to lower their rate that it is being lowered on the SELL side versus shorting the buyer's agent. If they are reducing the buyer's agent it is very possible that you will not get as many showings of your property.

Cent 21, Redfin...whoever. Reality is that it comes down to the particular agent. The name of the brokerage is less important (IMO) than the agent.

Staging - most agents will walk through and make recommendations but I have never heard of one paying for a stager.

In the day of internet, professional/high quality photos are critical.

Talk with your agent, if you can't come to an agreement you can always talk to their broker office and ask to switch agents.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyles View Post
Oh please, if an extra key isn't available at the listing appointment, or photo shoot, or whatever, it is perfect acceptable to say "drop it off or I'll pick it up". Of ALL things, this should not be a thing. If it is a thing, there are a 100 things that will go wrong with this listing, because ego is interpreting things.
#notmyclient
sure, drop it off OR I'll pick it up.. I'm not about to have a client drive 30 miles to drop a key off for a listing of mine, plain and simple. If I'm out of town, I'll have my business partner do it. I'll have him drive an hour to get a key. It's simple business and common courtesy.

And, if you've read across the thread starters two topics they've started, I've said more than once that the key thing is ridiculous. plain and simple.

It's obvious the thread starter has plenty of other gripes to hash out with this listing agent, the key is the least of it since there are serious concerns from the thread starter about fee structures etc.

Last edited by kww; 12-12-2015 at 11:13 PM..

Old 12-12-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyles View Post
Don't pander to something you don't know about. Have you ever had a client that wasn't ready to provide a key? There are no shortcomings with an agent who can't get a key.
Plenty of them. And when a key was finally available, I made arrangements to get it from my client, not for my client to have to get it to me..

Old 12-13-2015, 11:26 AM

397 posts, read 280,231 times
I think a client having to drop off a key out of the way by 50 miles is REDICULOUS. I even gave her several emails indicating that I did not want to drop off due to distance.

If she pulls this crappie again, I'm going to post her info here and say she sucks over and over again.

We're paying thousands of dollars for little bit of paper work and "marketing online" and she's too lazy to pick up the keys?

THAT IS F-ING B S.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:32 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,631,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinfairfax View Post
I think a client having to drop off a key out of the way by 50 miles is REDICULOUS. I even gave her several emails indicating that I did not want to drop off due to distance.

If she pulls this crappie again, I'm going to post her info here and say she sucks over and over again.

We're paying thousands of dollars for little bit of paper work and "marketing online" and she's too lazy to pick up the keys?

THAT IS F-ING B S.

You picked an agent whose office is 50 miles from your house??? Has this agent ever sold a home in your neighborhood or area? Do they even know anything about your area??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or