U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2016, 02:18 PM

91 posts, read 73,033 times

Advertisements

The blizzard managed to do some serious damage to our roof and now we have water dripping in in one area. We spoke to insurance and first thing was to get the snow cleared off the roof. I have spent all day calling around searching for a company to do this with no luck. Most aren't picking up, others are booked but only for plowing, etc. Does anyone know of a place that will take care of this (or even pick up their phone)? We live in Ashburn, and have tried companies from Woodbridge to Purcellville, all the way into Alexandria, with no luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 02:21 PM

11,367 posts, read 20,159,003 times
I can't help but wanted to say I'm sorry (and hoping the same doesn't happen here) - good luck and hang in there!

Old 01-25-2016, 02:34 PM

10,596 posts, read 12,090,790 times
I doubt you're going to get anyone to do this right now. The sun is going to be a huge help as well as warm temps tomorrow.

My friend had this exact thing happen to her during Snowmageddon and there wasn't a darn thing she could do (she didn't file homeowner's either for fear of cancellation and the damage wasn't horrible). Just had to hire a painter when it was all done. Oh, and she finally got a new roof. The snow did not damage her roof--it was about 18 years old then. It was just too much for an older roof.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:35 PM

529 posts, read 542,053 times
This is my exact worry from the beginning.

What you can do meanwhile is clear your gutter spouts (hopefully you have cleared your gutters after fall).

This will ensure the melting snow will have room to go. If the spouts are completely blocked by snow, water can't find an outlet.

Hope you will find someone soon to address this issue. If you do find, please post the company information here so anyone in need of this service, can be benefited.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:35 PM

91 posts, read 73,033 times
I'm starting to put my money on it will melt before we find someone.

Our roof isn't that old, we have a video of a piece of siding just kind of flapping in the wind when the blizzard came through. Eventually that came off at some point too. Good times, good times...

Thanks for the tips, I will let everyone know if I find a place!

Old 01-25-2016, 05:55 PM

11,367 posts, read 20,159,003 times
Hang in there! and thanks for the update.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:02 AM

529 posts, read 542,053 times
OP, you should be able to find some relief today as the temperature is going to go up to 40 and a lot of melting will happen.

Just make sure you have cleared your gutter spouts as I mentioned before to expedite this process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia