Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2016, 10:00 AM

12 posts, read 15,660 times

Advertisements

My grandma just moved to the area and she desperately needs to see an ophthalmologist and dermatologist. A huge part of the problem is that the doctors will need to get her records faxed over from her previous doctors in Staunton and review them prior to her first appointment. I know that the office staff (receptionists, etc.) play a huge part in getting all that done. So the office staff needs to be good too. Finding good doctors with a competent staff is hard to find. Does anyone know where to find them in the Manassas, Gainesville, Bristow, and/or Warrenton areas?

Additionally, there will be two family members (me and my mom) accompanying her to these visits and will be in the exam room with her. She will be a wheelchair but can walk. I know some doctors offices are intolerant of these kinds of things which is why I'm pointing this out - I want to avoid these types of places.

In case anyone is wondering:
We were not able to get the records ourselves because Grandma had been in assisted living for the past year in the Strasburg area. It was too far of a trip for Grandma to go all the way back to Staunton to get the records. I couldn't get them myself because I don't have POA even though I'm her caregiver. The POA isn't being very helpful either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 11:08 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,125,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate_H View Post
The POA isn't being very helpful either.
You grandmother assigned someone to be her POA and that person isn't being helpful with accessing her health records?? Sounds like grandma needs a new POA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia