U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 02:30 PM

2,282 posts, read 5,571,446 times

Advertisements

What a dope! Why would anyone in America call dmv as Tristate- 3 States?! I guess his elite smu death-sentence school didn't teach American Law and Government.
-The U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 8, Clause 17

It is true there are many many Maseratis and enough Bentleys, Ferraris and McLerens to turn heads here but his Volswagen with the bmw sticker is high end in his opinion. I consider a Tesla high end but thats just me

i am the very proud owner of a 2004 honda civic with rust and a bent fender!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 02:34 PM

2,282 posts, read 5,571,446 times
Dude I do not believe you're from The Metroplex at all

Did you play high school football? My dh did for The Colony. Can't be a true Lone Stater without going for the pigskin

Don't you ever drive thru Highland Park?!

hmmmmm. i still think you're a couchsurfer

Old 09-04-2016, 09:01 PM

1,994 posts, read 2,921,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Man74 View Post
I can outdrink most people(former fraternity brother) easy, while also running a solid 7 minute mile (10 miles a day) and barbell curl 100lbs (50 times) with perfect form. You mad?

Literally no one cares about how good/bad you are at these things.

If you are so insecure that you feel the need to convince strangers on an anonymous Internet forum that you are good in the bar and the gym, seek professional help.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:33 PM

813 posts, read 1,105,394 times
Quote:
I honestly cannot stand liars/pretenders ... I believe I have made that point clear.

Dallas... Unfortunately... Is full of them

People who can't even pay for a $10 martini and tip their bartender, whom are "millionaires"... I cannot stand that(and I don't believe any sane person could either). It is not only wrong..but also rude and you are lying to others but mostly yourself. I would hope that east coast is more "blunt" I would actually look forward to that . And everyone else out there is just as blunt (maybe even a d!ck) like myself that would be awesome, so long as they are being honest and "real"

Also i am incredibly patient, I don't know if that's another "East Coast" thing. I HATE when people are late, and I am NEVER late to things
I don't like stupid people... or short people either... not sure if those are also "East Coast" things

I can outdrink most people(former fraternity brother) easy, while also running a solid 7 minute mile (10 miles a day) and barbell curl 100lbs (50 times) with perfect form. You mad?

I've never been there, so maybe my personality traits are "East Coast"?? I wouldn't know.
Randy Newman...is that you? Welcome to C-D!

Old 09-04-2016, 10:21 PM

394 posts, read 288,501 times
sorry I have been pretty busy and out and about recently but am glad that UT won

I think some of you all need to learn what "over the top tongue in cheek" type of humor is...

I was hoping more of you may have gotten the sarcasm in my last post but whatever lol

Old 09-05-2016, 04:33 AM

9,644 posts, read 4,900,051 times
Quote:
sorry I have been pretty busy and out and about recently but am glad that UT won

I think some of you all need to learn what "over the top tongue in cheek" type of humor is...

I was hoping more of you may have gotten the sarcasm in my last post but whatever lol
Perhaps we aren't the ones who need to learn about humor. Humor is usually funny, to start.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:26 AM

8,106 posts, read 12,647,744 times
Quote:

This thread is now 11 pages long and makes me feel like I'm back in school dealing with my elementary students, but then reality hits and I realize they don't start until tomorrow.

In your original post you wrote that the job is "in the Fairfax area". You then asked for advice on commute times and distances. I'm sure some of us would like to help.

Could you be more specific about where the job is "in the Fairfax area"? I've checked back a few times and have asked, but I haven't seen anything addressing that part of your original questions.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:51 AM

89 posts, read 105,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
No. Never. DC Area, perhaps. But "tristate" would require three states.
Unless you are referring to MD, VA & WV!

Old 09-05-2016, 10:08 AM

89 posts, read 105,071 times
Quote:
I don't believe you're getting it

It could be because voice influction/tone, and things are hard to explain over the internet.

I would prefer a more balanced atmosphere.

I only mentioned my income, educational, and professional background because... well, frankly, i felt that i "had to" because i've never been to VA.

How the hell am I supposed to receive honest responses if i'm not honest about my situation??????
Your situation involves a potential new job in Fairfax with a $10k raise. It has little to do with your professional background and nothing to do with the neighborhood in which you currently reside, what you drive or where you went to school.

In the DMV area, few in your cohort are "settled". As others have mentioned group houses are very common where 5-7 people rent a house together. Few have cars as public transit is quite good. Thus, the people who may get impressed by a "M" are maybe not as substantive. Traffic in northern Virginia is quite heavy and thus one sees many older models of various cars. Traffic is heavy and parking is not fun so adding a few dings to an older vehicle, no biggie. Adding a few dings to your "M", well something you will have to deal with.

The DC area attracts the most educated people in the country. Most people at your age will have a masters from a top tier school. That is often a national university with a global name.

Rent is expensive in northern Virginia and so is buying. I'd suggest you take a good look at some apartment search guide to get an idea. Apartments.com; condos.com, any one of the national realty companies to get an idea of the prices.

In general both genders are less attractive around DC than they are around Dallas. Partially genetics and partially that the women here have important things to do with their time and less time (and interest, in general) to spend on shopping, "beauty" appointments, etc. The DC area has been compared to being very similar to LA with ugly people and mediocre weather.

I'd also suggest you pull out a map. NYC is about 240 miles north of here. There are several ways of driving but the minimum time is 3 hours and that is only feasible if you leave on an off hour. Repeat with map of Myrtle Beach, SC. That is a two states away. Yes, the states out east are smaller but that is still some distance.

That all said, I do recommend getting out of the Republic but parking your sarcasm there.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:50 PM

394 posts, read 288,501 times
It's in Fairfax the city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or