Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 06:33 AM

857 posts, read 844,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Next time go right to the source rather than relying on third-hand information

https://www.ezpassva.com/StaticPages/FAQ.aspx

Good info. What do they mean by "vehicle of the same class?" If I own say a sedan, but rent a pick up, are those different classes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 06:53 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
Good info. What do they mean by "vehicle of the same class?" If I own say a sedan, but rent a pick up, are those different classes?
Two axle vehicles vs. vehicles with more than two axles.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:09 AM

857 posts, read 844,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Two axle vehicles vs. vehicles with more than two axles.
Got it. Thanks.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:01 AM

957 posts, read 2,021,692 times
I typically do not add rental or temporary cars to my EZ-Pass account, as I (as someone else suggested) just use my transponder from my other cars. (This may be an agreement violation, depending upon your definition of promptly see below). For the toll road, adding the car to the account is only useful if the transponder doesn't read for some reason.

One thing to note is there is a slight delay (seems to be a day or two form experience) from the time you go through through a toll booth, until the time they try to compare the license plate before issuing a violation. So, if you go through a toll booth, see that you got a red light (transponder didn't read), and don't have the car on your account, you can go ahead and add it to your account and you would get charged by license plate instead of violation if you are quick enough. As noted in the OP, make sure you remove a temporary/rental car if you don't.

The rental car companies charge their own fees if you get a violation, so on top of the toll and violation, you generally would be out another $15-$20 for the rental car company to process it for you.

Finally, in terms of fighting this via credit card chargeback, I'm not sure why you would do that or how the credit card company would find in your favor. You notified EZ Pass that the car belongs on your account, they charged that account, all seems to be good to go. Here are the two applicable staements in the terms of service that are, unfortunately, not on the OP's side:

"To promptly update license plate information for all vehicles that may use the E-ZPass Account and remove license plates for vehicles no longer associated with the account."

And

To be responsible for "Any other fees or costs chargeable under this Agreement, including but not limited to optional statement fees; payment decline fees; lost, stolen or damaged transponder fees; or tolls and processing fees associated with license plates in User’s account."

Sorry this happened, although it is good that you caught in quickly before too many charges were against your account. I'm surprised EZ Pass didn't wave the charges out of kindness, but per agreement, they wouldn't need to.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:11 AM

1,784 posts, read 3,459,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle4Life View Post
So what are you posting for? To advertise your stupidity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Come on mods. Why is the juvenile allowed back in here?
Agreed. Just because someone has given you anonymity and a keyboard, does not mean you need to throw up something mean-spirited every thread. Words of the day: discretion, restraint and self-control.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:29 AM

529 posts, read 750,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
Unless things changed since I spoke with EZPass folks, you do not have to add a rental or other temp. used vehicle to your account; just use the transponder in that vehicle. That should alleviate some of these issues.
Perfect, this is what I have used so many times. I never had any issue.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:50 AM

855 posts, read 624,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Come on mods. Why is the juvenile allowed back in here?
It looks like they accidentally removed the wrong post of his, because the trollish one remains while the civil and helpful one to which the OP responds in post 7 is missing.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:58 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,242,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
It looks like they accidentally removed the wrong post of his, because the trollish one remains while the civil and helpful one to which the OP responds in post 7 is missing.
Not surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia