Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 05:29 PM

67 posts, read 336,970 times

Advertisements

Don't drive to DC on the weekend. Take the Metro. What a kick!! We pick up the Metro in Vienna and take down to the Smithonian station. If the kids want to experience mass transit, that is the way to go. And you don't have to worry about parking when you get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 05:48 PM

67 posts, read 336,970 times
Novanative75,,

You used past tense. No longer in Southriding??

Old 03-05-2008, 06:04 PM

47 posts, read 282,148 times
Thanks for all of the input. I think we will have to give the area another look.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:20 AM

11 posts, read 55,613 times
We are also looking at a move to South Riding from another State. I would like to know about some thoughts on housing prices in the neighborhood. Still to high? What's a good price look like for a Townhome or a single family home? I drove through and look at the area 2 weeks ago I did not see a Post Office does anyone know if one is planned?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 AM

488 posts, read 1,746,761 times
I think they are using Arcola one.

24097 Gum Spring Rd
Arcola, VA 20107

Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
The Arcola post office closed a few years ago. The post office is in Chantilly. It is the big one on Willard Rd.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 PM

488 posts, read 1,746,761 times
thats the reason they are expanding the parking lot

Old 05-04-2008, 07:04 PM

5 posts, read 26,055 times
Hi. If you haven't bought your home yet, I really recommend Dominion Valley. It would take you about 30-35 minutes to get to Chantilly. I drive it and it's not a bad ride. The community is the best place for families with kids. It is a gated, country club community that is focused on family and the right lifestyle to raise children. There are 2 elementary schools, 1 opened 3 or so years ago and has been a school of excellence from the beginning. The brand new elementary school opens this September. The High School is a Magnet Technology School and a new Middle is on it's way. Not the hassle of not knowing which school your kids will go to each year like in Loudoun. There are swimming pools, Mother's and Father's Day Brunches, dinner with Santa and the Easter Bunny. Summer camps like tumbling and cheerleading and activities. There are miles of walking and biking trails. They have a Father-Daughter dance each year and the best Halloween parade I have ever seen. Last summer they put up a big screen and had everyone sit on the driving range of golf course to watch a movie! Even had Cinderella, Tinker Bell and Minnie Mouse there as well! I could keep going but I guess you can figure out that my family loves living in Dominion Valley Country Club and plan on staying there for a long time!

Old 05-05-2008, 02:45 AM

76 posts, read 307,266 times
1500 flights per day at IAD; many go right on top of South Riding.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:16 AM

112 posts, read 852,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca3359 View Post
Hi. If you haven't bought your home yet, I really recommend Dominion Valley. It would take you about 30-35 minutes to get to Chantilly. I drive it and it's not a bad ride. The community is the best place for families with kids. It is a gated, country club community that is focused on family and the right lifestyle to raise children. There are 2 elementary schools, 1 opened 3 or so years ago and has been a school of excellence from the beginning. The brand new elementary school opens this September. The High School is a Magnet Technology School and a new Middle is on it's way. Not the hassle of not knowing which school your kids will go to each year like in Loudoun. There are swimming pools, Mother's and Father's Day Brunches, dinner with Santa and the Easter Bunny. Summer camps like tumbling and cheerleading and activities. There are miles of walking and biking trails. They have a Father-Daughter dance each year and the best Halloween parade I have ever seen. Last summer they put up a big screen and had everyone sit on the driving range of golf course to watch a movie! Even had Cinderella, Tinker Bell and Minnie Mouse there as well! I could keep going but I guess you can figure out that my family loves living in Dominion Valley Country Club and plan on staying there for a long time!
It's a nice community there but the HOA fees are rather high isn't it? Going through the gates is a big hassle too for such a big community. How does it work if you had a big party with lots of expected guest? Would the gate need to call you to confirm each visitor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia