Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2017, 12:20 PM

27 posts, read 53,990 times

Advertisements

I've read the reviews on Yelp and a few review websites, but I'm interested in knowing what it's really like to live in the following apartment complexes:

1) The Clarendon Apartments

This is my top pick so far. My only concern is how loud it will be if I rent an apartment at The Clarendon Apartments. I just don't want to end up in a place that reminds me of living in a college dorm...with drunk people blasting their music and/or having to end up hearing people having sex through the thin walls. I checked out the place a couple of weeks ago. I asked the property manager several questions about the place and, of course, she told me how amazing it is to live there.

2) 2201 Wilson Apartments

This is my 2nd choice just because it's right next to Courthouse metro station. I haven't checked out the place yet, but I am interested in hearing from others about it.

3) 1800 Oak Apartments

I like the fact that it's located right beside the Rosslyn metro station. Also, I can walk to Georgetown and my commute would only be 10 minutes.

All of these apartments pretty much have the same floor plan layout and are about the same price range for a 1-bedroom apartment. So it comes down to the type of people who live there.

One last question - How snobby are the people? I'm a jeans and T-shirt kind of gal and don't care about designer labels and showing off to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 04:34 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,426,603 times
Honestly all the luxury apartments along the orange corridor are more or less the same. The high rent definitely keeps out a lot of the riff raff - those people are more likely to live with 3-5 other roommates in the rented out SFH homes all over Clarendon. I lived in and been inside similar buildings and didn't find people to be snobby or overly load...many of them just want their own place next to the metro just like you.

Also you might want to check out some of the Avalon or Ditmar properties too - they also own a bunch of high rises along the corridor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: