U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 03:24 AM

390 posts, read 452,765 times

Advertisements

I know it's last minute and I'd like to take my wife to a nice dinner in the Northern Virginia area to celebrate Mother's Day. We're bringing our 2 boys (6 & 8). I'd like to keep my transit time under 40 minutes. We live in the 22315 zip code.

We've eaten at most of the 3 - 4-star chain restaurants in the area.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 04:10 AM

10,596 posts, read 12,088,527 times
How about Artie's of Fairfax (part of the Great American Restaurant chain)? I was just there for dinner last night. They are having a Mother's Day breakfast, lunch, dinner menu. Good food, kid friendly.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:33 AM

4,031 posts, read 4,830,041 times
Osteria Marzano down in the Franconia/Springfield area, the Inn at Mount Vernon, A La Lucia in north Old Town, Bamian in Bailey's Crossroads, Lebanese Taverna in the center next to Pentagon Mall.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:40 AM

6,555 posts, read 10,842,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
How about Artie's of Fairfax (part of the Great American Restaurant chain)? I was just there for dinner last night. They are having a Mother's Day breakfast, lunch, dinner menu. Good food, kid friendly.
I love this chain but find their restaurants way too loud. Artie's was so loud that our group could hardly hold a decent discussion. It was a weekend night so it was packed which I'm sure made it worse.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:38 AM

10,596 posts, read 12,088,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I love this chain but find their restaurants way too loud. Artie's was so loud that our group could hardly hold a decent discussion. It was a weekend night so it was packed which I'm sure made it worse.
It definitely is loud. I was shouting last night. But if you have two young kids that aren't quiet it might be the place to go.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:46 AM

2,005 posts, read 3,527,369 times
30-35 minutes from 22315 to Red's Table in Reston.

Red Table | Restaurant Red Table

Old 05-07-2017, 12:29 PM

4,521 posts, read 5,213,628 times
Here's another idea right off I395, inside the Beltway. Great BBQ ribs.

Shooter McGee's

Old 05-07-2017, 02:10 PM

12,844 posts, read 6,163,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Plus just about all the Great American Restaurants have the exact same menu. That said, I haven't been to Silverado so never looked at their menu.

OP, how about Tysons Corner? Eddie V's is a good option as is Seasons 52 (both are Darden restaurants).

Old 05-08-2017, 04:19 PM

1,366 posts, read 1,102,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Walker View Post
I know it's last minute and I'd like to take my wife to a nice dinner in the Northern Virginia area to celebrate Mother's Day. We're bringing our 2 boys (6 & 8). I'd like to keep my transit time under 40 minutes. We live in the 22315 zip code.

We've eaten at most of the 3 - 4-star chain restaurants in the area.

Thanks in advance for your help.
J. Gilberts in McLean!

Old 05-08-2017, 04:40 PM

390 posts, read 452,765 times
Thumbs up Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'm a huge fan of the Great American Restaurant chain. We go to Mike's frequently. I'm looking for something different to celebrate Mother's Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
Osteria Marzano down in the Franconia/Springfield area, the Inn at Mount Vernon, A La Lucia in north Old Town, Bamian in Bailey's Crossroads, Lebanese Taverna in the center next to Pentagon Mall.
We were at the Inn at Mount Vernon last Wednesday. I'm not a fan of their menu and service was sub par.
We had our company Christmas party at Osteria Marzano and I know the owner. I'm looking for something different and good.

What do you like about A La Lucia and Bamian?

I'm not a fan of Lebanese food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromReston View Post
30-35 minutes from 22315 to Red's Table in Reston.

What do you like about Red's Table?

Red Table | Restaurant Red Table
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Here's another idea right off I395, inside the Beltway. Great BBQ ribs.

I'll check this out. What's the attire? What do you recommend on their menu?

Shooter McGee's
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Plus just about all the Great American Restaurants have the exact same menu. That said, I haven't been to Silverado so never looked at their menu.

Very true. I only go to Great American restaurants when I'm interested in not being surprised and having a better than average meal. It's one of the most consistent restaurant chains in the area.

OP, how about Tysons Corner? Eddie V's is a good option as is Seasons 52 (both are Darden restaurants).
I'm not a fan of Eddie V's. I'll check out the reviews on Seasons 52. What do you like at this restaurant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
J. Gilberts in McLean!
Never heard of this spot. What do you like at this restaurant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or