U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 11:58 AM

8 posts, read 23,578 times

Advertisements

I know Lovettsville is kinda out there, but I can't help to be drawn to it thanks to the real estate prices. However, is there any diversity race wise? I've heard there is a big German community.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 06:14 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,359,386 times
A friend of mine who has lived there for the past three years always says there is absolutely no diversity in Lovettsville. So it is all white in my understanding (but please prove me wrong!).

Old 03-09-2008, 05:49 AM

2 posts, read 8,612 times
Thumbs down Diversity in Lovettsville 0 Old South alive and well

Lovettsville is very racisist town.Blacks are made to know they are tolerated,but very unwelcome.There is nothing German about this town.We now have the joke of the world in the squirkle.A misguided square with 1000 signs to direct you and NO one has a clue where to go.The restrictions are so tough that breathing maybe outlawed soon.Prices are high and traffic is so bad.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:48 AM

3,029 posts, read 10,630,994 times
also there is NOthing in Lovettesville.

Look at Leesburg, It at lot closer and has very good schools with a ton of diversity. All the shopping/Resturants etc... that you would need. Plus a great historic downtown area.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:31 AM

9,739 posts, read 8,013,094 times
Lovettsville is NOT racist. It is a COMMUNITY of like-minded people who WANT to live together. Why are you trying to intrude on that?

Old 05-09-2008, 03:13 PM

15 posts, read 42,996 times
Default We are young Middle class black family should we move to Lovettsville?

Hi there,

We are in our late 20s with 1 kid and 1 on the way. We are both professional people. I work as a teacher and my wife works for the County.

We are worried is Lovettsville racist?

We plan on buying one of those new houses out there!

Be honest....

Old 05-09-2008, 04:30 PM

94 posts, read 448,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovettsvillegal2 View Post
Lovettsville is very racisist town.Blacks are made to know they are tolerated,but very unwelcome.There is nothing German about this town.We now have the joke of the world in the squirkle.A misguided square with 1000 signs to direct you and NO one has a clue where to go.The restrictions are so tough that breathing maybe outlawed soon.Prices are high and traffic is so bad.
What a comment (blacks or made to know they are tolerated )was that your words are the people of lovettsville?

Old 05-09-2008, 04:59 PM

1,950 posts, read 5,295,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebritain View Post
Hi there,

We are in our late 20s with 1 kid and 1 on the way. We are both professional people. I work as a teacher and my wife works for the County.

We are worried is Lovettsville racist?

We plan on buying one of those new houses out there!

Be honest....
I don't know about racism in Lovettsville, but I would think long and hard about buying a house out there. What area and who is the builder you are considering?

Old 05-09-2008, 05:08 PM

15 posts, read 42,996 times
Default Why would you think long and Hard?

Hi we are new to the U.S. we are from the U.K.

Any advice please provide....

The area is New Town meadows...

Please give me the full low down on this area!!

Thanks

Andrew

Old 05-09-2008, 05:26 PM

1,950 posts, read 5,295,743 times
Where will you shop? Where will you take your kids for activities when they get older? There isn't much out there. Like someone said, lots of traffic to get anyplace. I don't know much about that development, but for what they're selling, I think the taxes are high. What does the HOA fee cover?

We have gone through Lovettsville many times looking at new houses. I don't know, seemed like a lot of nothing. I didn't feel like it was a place I wanted to raise my kids.

Where will you teach and where in the county will your wife work? Will she have to commute someplace? Where will you be putting your kids?

Looks like there are a lot of houses in that development. Something like 18 listings.

Since you are new to the area, I would do a ton of investigative work before I moved there to make sure you really want to live there. Chances for resale are probably VERY slim if you want or need to move and there are a dozen other houses like yours in the area. Someone spoke about racism there....better check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia