Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2015, 03:14 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times

Advertisements

I've heard that overnight parking is allowed in the Comstock garage, but not the Metro one.

From looking at this link, it mentions "24/7":
Comstock Partners LC - Developments - Ride - Metro - Reston Station Parking

Has anyone used the overnight parking? If so, can you park in any spot that's not reserved? Is there a time limit as to how many days you can park?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 06:03 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,527,400 times
Overnight parking isn't allowed in Metro garages but wink wink, people do it all the time and don't get towed. Seriously, just park in a Metro garage. How many days will you be gone? Metro is so incompetent, they won't even notice/care.

Drive by the Franconia garage sometime late at night and you will see tons of cars still in the garage.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:13 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,784,056 times
Some of the Metro stations do have sections of parking where overnight parking is exicotly allowed. I know Franconia-Springfield does. And I believe the charge is simply one day's worth of parking no matter how long you park.

Edit: Looks like just Franconia-Springfield, Huntington, and Greenbelt have sections of overnight parking. See here http://www.wmata.com/rail/parking/. Seems like there used to be more but maybe I'm mistaken.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:36 AM

45 posts, read 49,087 times
I saw a recent indicator that the Reston-Wiehle spaces run by Metro are now being monitored - either by Fairfax County, or by a reserved space-holder who got miffed and took matters into their own hands.

Disclaimer: I am a reserved space-holder, but I've got better things to do with my time than think about Metro parking.

Recently while heading home one night I encountered a peculiar car parked in the Metro-run reserved spaces. What was peculiar about the car is that it had an 8x11 piece of paper taped to its driver window, and on the paper was a message printed in a larger font. I had to stop and read it. I can't remember the exact words, but I think it said something like this:

"Your vehicle is parked in an illegal space. The fine for illegal parking is $75.00.
Sincerely, The Fairfax County Department of Transportation."

After reading the note I looked to see if the car was displaying a reserved space hang-tag - it was not.

The message didn't look official: no county seal, etc.. No warning about towing, no directions where to pay the fine. Suspicious.

By the look of the note anyone could have created it in Word , printed out at home, and taped it to the window.

Whether the note was from the county or from an uptight reserved space-holder I'll never know.

I wish I thought to stop and take a picture of the note. Instead I just sighed and walked on to my own car.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombrarian View Post
I saw a recent indicator that the Reston-Wiehle spaces run by Metro are now being monitored - either by Fairfax County, or by a reserved space-holder who got miffed and took matters into their own hands.

Disclaimer: I am a reserved space-holder, but I've got better things to do with my time than think about Metro parking.

Recently while heading home one night I encountered a peculiar car parked in the Metro-run reserved spaces. What was peculiar about the car is that it had an 8x11 piece of paper taped to its driver window, and on the paper was a message printed in a larger font. I had to stop and read it. I can't remember the exact words, but I think it said something like this:

"Your vehicle is parked in an illegal space. The fine for illegal parking is $75.00.
Sincerely, The Fairfax County Department of Transportation."

After reading the note I looked to see if the car was displaying a reserved space hang-tag - it was not.

The message didn't look official: no county seal, etc.. No warning about towing, no directions where to pay the fine. Suspicious.

By the look of the note anyone could have created it in Word , printed out at home, and taped it to the window.

Whether the note was from the county or from an uptight reserved space-holder I'll never know.

I wish I thought to stop and take a picture of the note. Instead I just sighed and walked on to my own car.
That definitely does not sound like any government entity.

Sounds like just another type A busybody in NOVA.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:33 PM

Thanks for the responses...but...how does overnight parking work at the Comstock garage at Wiehle Avenue-Reston East?

Overnight parking is NOT allowed in the Metro-owned garage. The Comstock garage is privately run. Has anyone used the Comstock garage for overnight parking and can share his/her experience and some helpful info?

Old 07-27-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Thanks for the responses...but...how does overnight parking work at the Comstock garage at Wiehle Avenue-Reston East?

Overnight parking is NOT allowed in the Metro-owned garage. The Comstock garage is privately run. Has anyone used the Comstock garage for overnight parking and can share his/her experience and some helpful info?
Their website says $4.75 per day so I imagine that means you can park overnight: Comstock Partners LC - Developments - Ride - Metro - Reston Station Parking.

Yes, I know parking overnight is NOT allowed in Metro garages. Doesn't mean people don't do it and get away with it all the time.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,029 times
ParkX is run by the Rockcrest Group and they allow overnight parking. It's $4.75 per day. You can park in any non-reserved space. You just need to call the parking office (571-375-0841) to register your vehicle.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemeup View Post
ParkX is run by the Rockcrest Group and they allow overnight parking. It's $4.75 per day. You can park in any non-reserved space. You just need to call the parking office (571-375-0841) to register your vehicle.
Yes, we discovered that overnight parking is allowed---and have used it several times. Thanks for the number of the parking office. Nowhere was it ever clearly stated that overnight park was allowed.

I have heard that if you are planning to park overnight, you are expected to park in the lower levels. Yet we've never had a problem parking in any spot. (not that we would have attempted to park in the reserved section...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia