Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 12:32 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,723,135 times

Advertisements

Bottom line up front: Make sure to keep your vehicles updated in your EZPass Account.

I was on the Dulles Toll Road today and as usual brought along our EZPass transponder. We've never mounted them to the windshield because it leaves those ugly sticker things and because we occasionally need to bring one with us in a relative's car.

Today I went through the toll plaza and thought I saw the green light (showing payment of $2.50) but noticed it was on the left. Didn't think much of it.

Then when I got to the toll plaza for the Dulles Greenway, I definitely saw straight ahead the "NOT PAID" sign. Very odd, as I had just updated our account and have autopay via bank draft, with credit card backup.

So I put on my hazard blinkers--fortunately there was no one behind me--and an employee came over. I paid him the $5.55 via credit card.

When I got home just now, I called EZPass and found out that because we hadn't updated our vehicles, the camera, as some protective measure, didn't let the payment go through automatically. The green light I'd seen was for the lane next to me. (The nice lady on the phone said the payment will go through later, based on the license plate, but it takes a couple of days when this happens.) So I had her update our vehicles right then. And I let her send us now transponders, since ours are about 10 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 01:31 PM

462 posts, read 1,210,537 times
Our household can certainly relate to this. Few months ago I got bill in mail for a toll. Apparently they did some random audit and found transponder did not match up to car and wasn't able to collect this particular time. Yes, bought new car 3 or 4 years ago and never thought to update records for transponder. Took them that long to catch.

Then, in May, transponder on my husband's car just stopped working on way to NJ...you can only imagine all the unpaid tolls we racked up via photo method. Luckily, they were nice about it. No harm, no foul. Sent us new transponder. Obviously, they do go bad.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:46 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Good to know this info^^^^

We are one of the few people around who've never gotten an EZPass. Recently, we have been considering getting one. While we rarely use the toll roads around here, we use toll roads when traveling to other states.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:38 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,242,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
Bottom line up front: Make sure to keep your vehicles updated in your EZPass Account.

I was on the Dulles Toll Road today and as usual brought along our EZPass transponder. We've never mounted them to the windshield because it leaves those ugly sticker things and because we occasionally need to bring one with us in a relative's car.

Today I went through the toll plaza and thought I saw the green light (showing payment of $2.50) but noticed it was on the left. Didn't think much of it.

Then when I got to the toll plaza for the Dulles Greenway, I definitely saw straight ahead the "NOT PAID" sign. Very odd, as I had just updated our account and have autopay via bank draft, with credit card backup.

So I put on my hazard blinkers--fortunately there was no one behind me--and an employee came over. I paid him the $5.55 via credit card.

When I got home just now, I called EZPass and found out that because we hadn't updated our vehicles, the camera, as some protective measure, didn't let the payment go through automatically. The green light I'd seen was for the lane next to me. (The nice lady on the phone said the payment will go through later, based on the license plate, but it takes a couple of days when this happens.) So I had her update our vehicles right then. And I let her send us now transponders, since ours are about 10 years old.

Duh.

LOL

Old 07-28-2017, 04:38 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,723,135 times
Like, OMG, the Taylor Swift Fan Club cslled; they want their lingo back.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:38 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,242,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
The Taylor Swift Fan Club cslled; they want their lingo back.

I'm old, not dead.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:33 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I'm old, not dead.
I just can't see you as a Taylor Swift fan.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:25 AM

947 posts, read 1,402,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I just can't see you as a Taylor Swift fan.
But maybe Sting and The Police? Just saying...

Old 07-28-2017, 08:52 AM

322 posts, read 275,793 times
I miss those days when you can drive up to an actual person and pay cash...but then again I also miss actual hotel room keys

Old 07-28-2017, 09:08 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,122,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeganGrimes View Post
I miss those days when you can drive up to an actual person and pay cash...

You can do that at every, single, toll booth on the DTR. You don't have to miss anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia