U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-24-2008, 03:32 AM
 
141 posts, read 689,098 times
Reputation: 45

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrovic View Post
It's actually "Dale City", the line to Lake Ridge cuts off at the Pkwy and Old Bridge. Still a nice area though. You can get a home there real cheap right now. There is a new Police Station that is supposed to be built across the street in the next 5 years as well (near the County Complex). That whole area is really coming up nicely.
Thanks! I love the idea of a police station across the street. I will let my friend know..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-07-2008, 12:03 PM
 
7 posts, read 29,448 times
Reputation: 10
my husband and I are also considering woodbridge area code 22191 east of route 1-Newport subdivision. can someone gives us input about this area??? we r desperate.

tania
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 06:33 PM
 
2 posts, read 7,037 times
Reputation: 11
I am considering buying a new townhome or condo in Woodbridge. Specifically, I have looked at Potomac Club and Ried's Prospect. Can anyone give me any insight about the neighborhoods? They look nice, but it is hard to tell just by talking to realtors and salespeople.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2008, 11:27 AM
 
7 posts, read 24,111 times
Reputation: 14
Speaking from someone who has lived all over Woodbridge especially Dale City (Birchdale, Lindendale, Mapledale, Nottigdale and Queensdale) this area's pretty much harlmess. I moved to VA originally back in 1986 and have pretty much been here the whole time. Yes, there is crime and there are gangs..have been for the last 10-15 years at least. But for the most part, they are harmless. PWC police have been cracking down on them hard so pick your spots and you can find a great investment. it's not Mayberry but it's not farm from it. LOL And if it's any help, I hate living here (for personal reasons) but I invest here because I KNOW these homes can, will and are selling to families looking for good homes in good neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2008, 11:36 AM
 
7 posts, read 24,111 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalj22 View Post
my husband and I are also considering woodbridge area code 22191 east of route 1-Newport subdivision. can someone gives us input about this area??? we r desperate.

tania

Traffic, traffic and more traffic. Stay away from Dumfries. Period. Anything below Garfield substation is a traffic nightmare and possibly crime-ridden and anything above Featherstone Rd. really isn't worth the time, effort or money in my opinion. I invest in Woodbridge and I generally stay away from that whole Route 1 corridor. I have personally lived there (South Bridge and also behind Marumsco Shopping center) and I'm sssooo glad I moved. Nice houses, crazy ass neighbors (Georgtown Village, Woodmark Apts.) I prefer Dale City or Lake Ridge.

Port Potomac might be worth it if you can handle the rush-hour traffic. They are new homes but again they are close to GTV and Woodmark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2008, 01:11 PM
 
22 posts, read 72,433 times
Reputation: 25
Default woodbridge

There really isn't much to know about Potomac Club. It would seem too new. It is really nice as its new, gated and the amenities look outstanding. Wegmans and some stores will be built right there. Good location, not too expensive.

My choice in woodbridge came down to Port Potomac and Potomac Club. What swayed me away from Club was the condo fee, the traffic promised by the shopping, the fact that it is situated in between 95 and 1. Also the visuals of thousands of town homes in the primary view was not what I liked. I was looking at a town homes near the rt1 side. I also didn't like being on a deck and looking at my neighbors garage and the alley between.

Port Potomac was just far enough away and not too far away. The neighboring areas aren't the best, but they aren't that close either. No real purposeless walking in the community except residents.

I leave at 5:45AM on RT1 to FT Belvoir and there is definitely volume on the road. The worst part is between Opitz and Prince William Park way. Lots of slow left lane drivers. Trucks on 1 also slow the road, since they are slow to keep up with traffic from a red light. forget about anytype of precip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2008, 11:04 PM
 
555 posts, read 2,437,454 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokayinvest View Post
Traffic, traffic and more traffic. Stay away from Dumfries. Period. Anything below Garfield substation is a traffic nightmare and possibly crime-ridden and anything above Featherstone Rd. really isn't worth the time, effort or money in my opinion. I invest in Woodbridge and I generally stay away from that whole Route 1 corridor. I have personally lived there (South Bridge and also behind Marumsco Shopping center) and I'm sssooo glad I moved. Nice houses, crazy ass neighbors (Georgtown Village, Woodmark Apts.) I prefer Dale City or Lake Ridge.

Port Potomac might be worth it if you can handle the rush-hour traffic. They are new homes but again they are close to GTV and Woodmark.
"GTV", I can tell you've been in P Willy for a long time. That area is "interesting" as my mom used to put it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2008, 07:44 AM
 
1 posts, read 3,025 times
Reputation: 10
Hi, I'm brand new to these forums and I hope I'm not resurrecting a thread that's too old.

My family and I may be moving to the DC area soon (my husband will be working in DC somewhere near the White House; I've never been there so I don't know exactly where it's at).

We're looking at real estate and after the initial sticker shock (we're in affordable Atlanta) we like the Woodbridge area because the prices are decent and some of the houses/townhomes seem really nice. I'm kind of scared off now after reading this thread. The neighborhood we found that seems nice is in an area a lot of you have warned against. It's called Potomac Club and it's a gated townhome community.

My question is, is this really a horrible part of town? If so, is it starting to get turned around based on the fact that a nice new neighborhood is being built in the area?

Thanks in advance for your advice. This is really a neat forum, I like reading all your responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2008, 11:43 AM
 
22 posts, read 72,433 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmint View Post
We're looking at real estate and after the initial sticker shock (we're in affordable Atlanta) we like the Woodbridge area because the prices are decent and some of the houses/townhomes seem really nice. I'm kind of scared off now after reading this thread. The neighborhood we found that seems nice is in an area a lot of you have warned against. It's called Potomac Club and it's a gated townhome community.

My question is, is this really a horrible part of town? If so, is it starting to get turned around based on the fact that a nice new neighborhood is being built in the area?

Thanks in advance for your advice. This is really a neat forum, I like reading all your responses!
Don't know much about Potomac Club, however, it would be difficult to say that newer "small" communities s can't easily contribute to the positive aspects of a previously poorly rated area.

With a lot of foreclosures, and builders competing with the foreclosures and others, you can great a great deal.

What you do see is that people who were previously buying at higher prices trying to buy into a nice neighborhood over the past 2 years, may have new neighbors that they didn't really "expect".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2008, 09:38 PM
 
141 posts, read 689,098 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmint View Post
Hi, I'm brand new to these forums and I hope I'm not resurrecting a thread that's too old.

My family and I may be moving to the DC area soon (my husband will be working in DC somewhere near the White House; I've never been there so I don't know exactly where it's at).

We're looking at real estate and after the initial sticker shock (we're in affordable Atlanta) we like the Woodbridge area because the prices are decent and some of the houses/townhomes seem really nice. I'm kind of scared off now after reading this thread. The neighborhood we found that seems nice is in an area a lot of you have warned against. It's called Potomac Club and it's a gated townhome community.

My question is, is this really a horrible part of town? If so, is it starting to get turned around based on the fact that a nice new neighborhood is being built in the area?

Thanks in advance for your advice. This is really a neat forum, I like reading all your responses!
Hello, I have visited some of the new homes in all of the areas mentioned above. It is up to you, but my personal preference is the Lake Ridge area zip code 22192. We have a 4-year old and this area seems to be more family-friendly and relatively safe. See posts by nitrovic. Good luck with your move. Also, by the way, zip code 22192 also seems to have higher rated schools as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top