Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 12:06 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,481,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
You haven't answered my questions as to your banter e.g.

Old Guard

"This is going down the way where I feel you have more in common with your drive by than me..."

Maybe you want to call me some other word? You have been acting strangely since I gave you some percentages. Which one is bothering you? Spit it out.

I'll spit this out for you............ google.com
I do not need to call you another word. I just view you both similarly now, to me you and him are the same.

Also I looked up The Virginia Declaration of Rights and it does not list or mention happiness as a Right. Here is what it does say:

Quote:
Article 1
That all men are by nature equally free and independent, and have certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter into a state of society, they cannot, by any compact, deprive or divest their posterity; namely, the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety.
Quote:
Article 3
That government is, or ought to be, instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security of the people, nation or community; of all the various modes and forms of government that is best, which is capable of producing the greatest degree of happiness and safety and is most effectually secured against the danger of maladministration; and that, whenever any government shall be found inadequate or contrary to these purposes, a majority of the community hath an indubitable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to reform, alter or abolish it, in such manner as shall be judged most conducive to the public weal.
So I ask you again where do you get that happiness is a Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 12:17 PM

1,502 posts, read 2,666,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I do not need to call you another word. I just view you both similarly now, to me you and him are the same.

Also I looked up The Virginia Declaration of Rights and it does not list or mention happiness as a Right. Here is what it does say:

So I ask you again where do you get that happiness is a Right?
I think that the bad word guy holds a higher rank since he had the guts to come out and be direct.

A piece of "citation please" type of garbage comes to mind.

Admit it, you started acting funny right after I gave you some additional piece of DNA information that you didn't like.

Prove to me that I don't have the legal right to happiness. Play music as loud as you can in front of my home (even in the middle of my street) after 10pm and see if I don't get my happiness back and legally too.

See if the Sheriff gave me back my right to happiness legally or illegally.

...and yes I was precluded from obtaining happiness which is the inverse of obtaining happiness.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I think that the bad word guy holds a higher rank since he had the guts to come out and be direct.

A piece of "citation please" type of garbage comes to mind.

Admit it, you started acting funny right after I gave you some additional piece of DNA information that you didn't like.

Prove to me that I don't have the legal right to happiness. Play music as loud as you can in front of my home (even in the middle of my street) after 10pm and see if I don't get my happiness back and legally too.

See if the Sheriff gave me back my right to happiness legally or illegally.

...and yes I was precluded from obtaining happiness which is the inverse of obtaining happiness.

You are the one saying that Hapiness is a Right. It is not. I asked you for a source and you stated that I should look at the The Virginia Declaration of Rights but would not give me any specifics. So I did and it does not state that and I posted the only two passeges related to Happiness in the The Virginia Declaration of Rights.

I do not care about your DNA, I just get the feeling you are fishing for something.

Someone calling you a name does not have anything to do with your Rights, your citizenship or your gun ownership status, all of which came out in your first post. The way you are speaking about these issues seems odd to me when they are not the issue at all.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:03 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,229,685 times
Is this really an argument?

Old 12-09-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
You are the one saying that Hapiness is a Right. It is not. I asked you for a source and you stated that I should look at the The Virginia Declaration of Rights but would not give me any specifics. So I did and it does not state that and I posted the only two passeges related to Happiness in the The Virginia Declaration of Rights.

I do not care about your DNA, I just get the feeling you are fishing for something.

Someone calling you a name does not have anything to do with your Rights, your citizenship or your gun ownership status, all of which came out in your first post. The way you are speaking about these issues seems odd to me when they are not the issue at all.
Who are you to come into my post and dictate what I can say and cannot say? What I encountered has everything to do with my ability to potentially defend myself. I am entitled to compare localities as well. This is City Data after all. I don't see moderator under your name either.

The Commonwealth's Attorney General has never rejected my arguments in my right to happiness (in reference to the areas that you cited) why is it then so important for YOU to be insistent in letting me know that I don't have a right to be happy.

You come across as "fact driven" and yet admit that your motivations are feeling driven.

Really, I don't care and as an indication of such please know that you have made it to my ignore list. One person dragged me down for a short time and I am not going to allow you to do it.

Take care.

Last edited by va_lucky; 12-09-2017 at 07:48 AM..

Old 12-09-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Is this really an argument?
Even if it were, it won't be moving forward.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
The Commonwealth's Attorney General has never rejected my arguments in my right to happiness (in reference to the areas that you cited) why is it then so important for YOU to be insistent in letting me know that I don't have a right to be happy.
You do not have a Right to happiness. Even if you did a private citizen could not infringe on your "Right". If your wife left you because she thought you had turned into some paranoid gun nut the courts would not make her stay because it made you unhappy.

I see a lot of this Rights nonsense and since I usually see it from racists it tends to set off my internal alerts to who I am dealing with. I am not saying you are racist but the initial incident had nothing to do with the UK, Guns, Rights or the Virginia Declaration of Rights.

When I see so much mishmash in a post I personally tend to doubt that I am getting the entire story or the truth. YMMV.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:53 AM

4 posts, read 3,388 times
Ever since I had my home built in Stafford my neighbor placed a satellite dish in front yard... at first ON MY PROPERTY!! Then when I politely asked they move the dish on the roof like everyone else.. they moved it 6 inches.. still in the front yard like a trailer park...

The neighbor apparently complained so much to the builder regarding my real estate agent that he was reassigned to another community... the complaint? “How could you sell the lot next door to middle eastern people?”

LOL. These people are injured by life! They expected me to be a lamb and take their abuse... They don’t know.. this brownie don’t run.😊

There are plenty of these low life’s in the area, but I believe over time they will go away.. gentrification in the area is REAL. These poor people will sell out once they see they can make a buck.

Poor poor people.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWater434 View Post
LOL. These people are injured by life! They expected me to be a lamb and take their abuse... They don’t know.. this brownie don’t run.😊
I have no idea what this means? What did you do?

Old 12-27-2017, 07:49 AM

4 posts, read 3,388 times
Like any up standing citizen I made sure the HOA understands the FCC rules on where these satellites can be placed. They hired an attorney to provide an unbiased opinion... and the FCC rules are pretty clear.

I wouldn’t take a baseball bat to the thing... although the thought did cross my mind many times! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia