Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 10:58 PM

3 posts, read 16,838 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone-

My husband and I are relocating to the area from PA. We've been in the area this week looking for housing and we think we may have found the perfect place. It is in the Old Bridge Estates community and is in zip code 22192 (which I've read is recommended), but I wanted to know any specifics about this community. We did drive around during the day and tonight we drove thru at dusk. It looked pretty safe, but at dusk there was some sort of police disturbance going on with a group of teenagers who seemed to be hanging out. We just want to make sure the community is as safe as it seems to appear. Any comments will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 04:26 PM

141 posts, read 755,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chzhedgrl View Post
Hi everyone-

My husband and I are relocating to the area from PA. We've been in the area this week looking for housing and we think we may have found the perfect place. It is in the Old Bridge Estates community and is in zip code 22192 (which I've read is recommended), but I wanted to know any specifics about this community. We did drive around during the day and tonight we drove thru at dusk. It looked pretty safe, but at dusk there was some sort of police disturbance going on with a group of teenagers who seemed to be hanging out. We just want to make sure the community is as safe as it seems to appear. Any comments will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
On this forum, there is a former law enforcement officer whose user name is "nitrovic". He posts a lot of information about the Woodbridge area.

My husband and I live close to the area and we think Old Bridge Estates is an extremely safe area. As a matter of fact, nitrovic had recommended the area for safety, great schools, etc. But he would be able to give you updates on the area..

Good luck with your move..

Old 04-05-2008, 09:40 PM

3 posts, read 16,838 times
Thanks so much for your reply! We have asked around a lot and that seems to be the consensus so I think we can put our minds at ease. Thanks so much!

Old 04-06-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chzhedgrl View Post
Thanks so much for your reply! We have asked around a lot and that seems to be the consensus so I think we can put our minds at ease. Thanks so much!
Glad to be of help. We recently relocated from Florida and this forum has been extremely helpful. You will love the Old Bridge Estates area.. Good luck with it all!

Old 04-06-2008, 11:00 PM

555 posts, read 2,700,810 times
Old Bridge Estates is real nice. That and Westridge are really nice areas. Go to Brittany's for some 15 cent wings on Wednesday, good times.

BTW, I've been looking on realtor.com just to check the home values in the area. Are you looking at the townhouse for sale on Covered Bridge? If so, that's a good street. We used to have a "trouble" house there but they moved. Real nice neighborhood. They even have a huge community pool and tennis courts. If you have little ones they would probably go to either Springwoods or the school next to Woodbridge HS (the name is escaping me right now). Both really good schools.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrovic View Post
Old Bridge Estates is real nice. That and Westridge are really nice areas. Go to Brittany's for some 15 cent wings on Wednesday, good times.

BTW, I've been looking on realtor.com just to check the home values in the area. Are you looking at the townhouse for sale on Covered Bridge? If so, that's a good street. We used to have a "trouble" house there but they moved. Real nice neighborhood. They even have a huge community pool and tennis courts. If you have little ones they would probably go to either Springwoods or the school next to Woodbridge HS (the name is escaping me right now). Both really good schools.
Nitrovic, we loved the Westridge area. Wish we had listened to you and settled there although we are happy with our choice in Twin Oaks. Just a quick question about Westridge. The townhomes are very safe, correct? I am recommending another colleague at work to the townhomes
Please let me know

Thanks

Old 04-08-2008, 08:42 AM

352 posts, read 1,591,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrovic View Post

Old Bridge Estates is fine. You'll be happy there.

Perhaps, though, nitrovic can explain why I was wanded going into Brittany's a few weeks ago?? Wanded in a suburban Lake Ridge strip mall pool hall? What sort of characters are they trying to keep out?? I was dumbfounded.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knopfler View Post

Perhaps, though, nitrovic can explain why I was wanded going into Brittany's a few weeks ago?? Wanded in a suburban Lake Ridge strip mall pool hall? What sort of characters are they trying to keep out?? I was dumbfounded.

I have never been there? What kind of characters were there? Please let me know.. thanks

Old 04-09-2008, 10:49 PM

555 posts, read 2,700,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knopfler View Post

I'll PM you. Believe it or not they have had some issues in the past couple years. I'd still go for wing night though!! Just byog (bring your own gun).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia