Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 09:25 AM

2,262 posts, read 2,396,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
I've never lived there, but sure, let's call it racist. People that cry racism seem to think everywhere is racist so why not Northern Virginia? Whitey is mean and racist everywhere right?
Lol. Stay in North Dakota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 09:37 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
Lol. Stay in North Dakota.
I already plan on it. I'm hoping you realize the post was entirely sarcastic.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:42 AM

795 posts, read 1,008,154 times
I'm surprised this post has not been shut down. Usually don't last very long here. Interesting, wonder why?

Old 03-10-2018, 09:47 AM

2,262 posts, read 2,396,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
I already plan on it. I'm hoping you realize the post was entirely sarcastic.
Didn't catch the sarcasm - never know these days.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:47 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I just want to point out that this in itself is racism. I am not saying you are bad, wrong or have ill intent but that this is racism. That is why when someone asks "Is such and such racist?" it boggles my mind. Well of course it is, but so are you.
I went back and read this a few times. I'm having trouble trying to find the racism. Can you please enlighten me? I could see if they claimed something to the effect "thankfully I saw nothing but black people" but I didn't see that. So what hurt your little feelings?

Old 03-10-2018, 02:20 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
Didn't catch the sarcasm - never know these days.
It's hard to convey that in writing. The rolled eyes were supposed to indicate it but still easy to misread. And yes, sometimes you don't know what's sarcasm these days.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:17 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I went back and read this a few times. I'm having trouble trying to find the racism. Can you please enlighten me? I could see if they claimed something to the effect "thankfully I saw nothing but black people" but I didn't see that. So what hurt your little feelings?
Nothing hurt my feelings, nor did I say it did. This was the statement:

Quote:
"My initial reaction when I first went to a Walmart and Target was pure joy due to the diversity. I have never seen such a melting pot. It is truly international. The black people I see are actually speaking some African language that I'm unfamiliar with?!"
Why feel joy based on race? Why does it matter that a person of any color speaks and language? A person that transcends race will not make judgements based on their race and hopefully some day not even notice when meeting people.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:05 PM

9,875 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:

Why feel joy based on race? Why does it matter that a person of any color speaks and language? A person that transcends race will not make judgements based on their race and hopefully some day not even notice when meeting people.
Just because, in your opinion, someone doesn't "transcend" race, does NOT make them racist.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:32 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,527,400 times
I am shocked this thread hasnt been closed yet.

Best part of what Ive read is that “Houston is so segregated.” I know nothing about Texas and rather die then go there but I would be a millionaire if I had a dollar for everytime told me “xyz city is soooo segregated.” Every big city on earth is segregated — I hate to hurt peoples feelings but really you name the city and I can tell you where minorities live.

South Atlanta, South Boston, South LA, East Bay, Southeast DC, Harlem, South Chitown, East London/South London. Drives me insane everytime someone tells me how segregated every city is. They all are people!! Lol

And no, NOVA in general definitely isnt racist. Literally one of the most multicultural places in the Western world.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:58 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Quote:

I think you're reading something that isn't there and the poster was just being positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia