Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 11:00 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,240,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
When I'm abroad I always marvel at how fit, strong and alert law enforcement and security officers are. It makes you fear and respect them that much more.

In America, half of LE officers are overweight, un-athletic and spend their time chatting with each other like they are killing time. Remove their guns and most of them wouldn't be a physical match for most men with an edge. The standards are too low.
What side of your butt cheeks did you pull this from? Left or right side? I left a large NOVA dept after retiring with 30 years. While some of the older officers let themselves go some and did gain some weight the vast majority of the patrol officers, which is the majority of the dept, were young, athletic and in shape officers. Hell, even near my retirement I put on some weight but was still one of the officers everyone wanted there to back them up. But I guess it really won't matter what I say I believe you're just a cop hater so there's nothing that will get you to look a little closer at your false statements.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:12 PM

529 posts, read 750,660 times
Quote:
When I'm abroad I always marvel at how fit, strong and alert law enforcement and security officers are. It makes you fear and respect them that much more.

In America, half of LE officers are overweight, un-athletic and spend their time chatting with each other like they are killing time. Remove their guns and most of them wouldn't be a physical match for most men with an edge. The standards are too low.

Whoever I have seen (other than movies), they are all fit and they take fitness very seriously.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:13 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,892,485 times
Quote:
Sorry your feelings got hurt, half was a little high. But y'all need to present a better image than the sleepy, killing-time image you've earned. You don't perk up until a black man appears.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:39 PM

6,558 posts, read 8,389,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touristhere View Post
Thoughts?
If you are truly concerned about the SRO's abilities to do his duty, you should contact the administration office to discuss your concerns and questions with them.

https://www.apsva.us/department-of-administration/

Old 04-17-2018, 03:41 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,240,235 times
Quote:
Sorry your feelings got hurt, half was a little high. But y'all need to present a better image than the sleepy, killing-time image you've earned. You don't perk up until a black man appears.

Here's where you lose any credibility. No need to respond to this buffoon any longer.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:56 AM

50,263 posts, read 47,023,439 times
I don't think someone's weight factors in how good of a shot they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia