U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 09:13 AM

27 posts, read 96,165 times

Advertisements

Hello, we just moved to Leesburg and were setting up utility services. By default Washington Gas is our gas supplier, but when I setup electricity with NOVEC they said they had NOVEC Energy Solution which typically charges us a lower bill than Washington Gas because their rate is fixed regardless of climate change. They also said they do not charge initial setup fees. Just wondering if anyone has experiences or inputs on NOVEC Energy Solutions?

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 10:48 AM

621 posts, read 2,926,766 times
I just signed up with NOVEC a few weeks ago and I had to pay a membership fee, connection fee, and a deposit. I had to pay the deposit because they said your credit score had to be 720 and mine was 712, so I have to pay $300 deposit. I think 720 seems a little steep for electrical service, but whatever. I'm not sure if you're talking about a different branch of NOVEC, but there is a connection and membership fee for the one in my area.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:58 AM

27 posts, read 96,165 times
yeah i had to pay membership and connection fee for setting up electricity too.

what i am asking about is their other branch NOVEC Energy Solution which provides gas services

Old 03-28-2008, 11:18 AM

621 posts, read 2,926,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prfstrkr View Post
yeah i had to pay membership and connection fee for setting up electricity too.

what i am asking about is their other branch NOVEC Energy Solution which provides gas services
Duh!! I guess I read right over the gas part....lol. Well then I'm interested to hear as well if NOVEC energy solutions is better than wash gas, as that is who I have as well.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,113 times
Default Novec... A.K.A Nightmare Gas Solutions

I signed up for Novec (Nightmare) Gas Solutions here in Baltimore to use in accordance with BGE. I never had such a bad experience in my life with a utility. They were charging me almost double what I should have been paying and then told me I needed to pay another $50 to 'opt out' of the program. Once the $50 was paid and received by them, they continued to send charges to BGE on behalf of my account that were not accepted and sent back because I was NO LONGER in the program. Later, when they realized they were not going to receive payment on these charges, they added them all up and sent them to a creditor!
I have contacted them several times explaining this to them only to have someone sound very concerned and helpful tell me that they would have someone call me back. That call never comes. I have reported to the credit bureau that the charges are fraudulent, and still they remain on my credit report. I have even contacted BGE to try to resolve this only to have someone tell me that this is not their responsibility - it has to be handled with NOVEC... If you're planning on dealing with them I would do so VERY cautiously. Frankly, I think their whole company is a scam and am now being forced to file suit against them just to have my name cleared ~ Wish I never would have gotten involoved.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,290 times
Default Avoid NOVEC Energy at all cost

I am in Maryland and was solicited by a sales call into using Novec Energy for natural gas supply in early 2013. The caller told me it's a 12 month contract. After 21 months with the company, I found a better supplier and switched. Novec then charged me $150 as termination fees, after I had been with them for 21 months. I requested to talk to the manager, but never received the promised call back. Then, they sent my account to a debt collector.

The price Novec offered was not cheap. The company charges about 20% higher than Gateway. They must have hired crafty lawyers to draft the contract. The contract effectively locks a customer with them forever, giving him only a few days window to switch out each year, or be ripped off a high termination fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or