U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-30-2018, 11:03 AM
 
23 posts, read 12,076 times
Reputation: 51

Advertisements

Nobody cares about your resume or credit score! 98mph or even 93mph is way too fast regardless of weather and traffic conditions. There is no reason to be traveling at nearly 100mph on I-66! The things you have done since getting your ticket will be meaningless to the judge! Last Fall, our neighbor's son-in-law got charged with reckless (90/70) on I-66 and went to court in Fauquier County. Judge sent him to jail for 2 days, fined him $1000 and suspended his license for 90 days. Against his attorney's advice, he appealed. Appeal was in Circuit Court. Payed his attorney an additional $2000 for the appeal and wound up being found guilty again. Judge gave him 4 days in jail (2 weekends), fined him $1500 and suspended his license for six months, but with the ability to drive back and forth to work! Neighbor's SIL had to sell his BMW to cover the fine and attorney's fees!


At the speed you were going, count on a hefty fine and plan on jail time! You earned it! When is your court date? I would like to be there! Please come back and let us know the outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-30-2018, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Richmond, VA
556 posts, read 532,916 times
Reputation: 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettrcpt View Post
^^ that literally doesnít make any sense. And lasers are known for lacking in accuracy by up to 6-8mph when a speed is over 70mph - look it up... thought that was common knowledge lol when a car is brought to a professional to recalibrate the speedometer is as accurate as you can get. The laser clocked me going 5mph faster than I was actually going. And a drop of 5mph is a HUGE difference.
Good luck convincing a Virginia judge that a LIDAR operated by a properly trained officer with all the appropriate certificates is inaccurately reflecting your speed to any degree that would actually matter for your case. You were going above 90, period. Complaining about the LIDAR or its accuracy is not going to get you anywhere in Virginia. In fact, it's good you've got a lawyer because these other arguments you make would come off as irritating to the court because they're time wasters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2018, 12:13 PM
 
46 posts, read 36,072 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMom View Post
Nobody cares about your resume or credit score! 98mph or even 93mph is way too fast regardless of weather and traffic conditions. There is no reason to be traveling at nearly 100mph on I-66! The things you have done since getting your ticket will be meaningless to the judge! Last Fall, our neighbor's son-in-law got charged with reckless (90/70) on I-66 and went to court in Fauquier County. Judge sent him to jail for 2 days, fined him $1000 and suspended his license for 90 days. Against his attorney's advice, he appealed. Appeal was in Circuit Court. Payed his attorney an additional $2000 for the appeal and wound up being found guilty again. Judge gave him 4 days in jail (2 weekends), fined him $1500 and suspended his license for six months, but with the ability to drive back and forth to work! Neighbor's SIL had to sell his BMW to cover the fine and attorney's fees!


At the speed you were going, count on a hefty fine and plan on jail time! You earned it! When is your court date? I would like to be there! Please come back and let us know the outcome.
^^lol thanks BadMom �� based on that message and the title of your account, it’s likely you’re one of those stellar VA drivers who drive a mini van and almost hit 4-5 cars a day haha

Also, a competitive job, perfect credit score, and a clean record, very clearly shows the type of person I am. If I was making minimum wage, poor credit score, and a previous record, then the judge would see a clear difference between the two. Regardless of the speed I was going at, it is clear on paper that this was my first offense and only offense. A judge can’t assume I’ll do it again with no track record to base that on and a lawyer would easily defend that.

Last edited by Brettrcpt; 05-30-2018 at 12:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2018, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
11,370 posts, read 20,168,571 times
Reputation: 16349
Wondering how a new poster who starts a thread complaining on being caught speeding way over the limit can call long-time members trolls..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2018, 12:53 PM
 
46 posts, read 36,072 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Wondering how a new poster who starts a thread complaining on being caught speeding way over the limit can call long-time members trolls..............
So is there a certain amount of tenure require before I am allowed to call out a troll for trolling, Flamingo13?😂
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2018, 12:59 PM
 
1,282 posts, read 1,728,890 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettrcpt View Post
The amount of Virginia licensed drivers I saw last night surpassing 90+ had to be at least 10... As a previous resident of NJ, one thing Virginia really should do is make it less of a secret that reckless driving is a class one misdemeanor. Considering it is the only state in the country that does this... Very weird that a state prides themselves in being a speed trap.
Based on this you would have slowed down? Come on, with your list of all the responsible areas of your life, it didn't occur to you that you putting OTHERS in danger with your reckless driving? Oh yeah, I wouldn't have driven nearly 100 mph if I knew I'd get in serious trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2018, 01:13 PM
 
46 posts, read 36,072 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlin View Post
Based on this you would have slowed down? Come on, with your list of all the responsible areas of your life, it didn't occur to you that you putting OTHERS in danger with your reckless driving? Oh yeah, I wouldn't have driven nearly 100 mph if I knew I'd get in serious trouble.
I wasnít putting anyone else in danger. It was just me and a car about a mile in front of me likely going about 80mph based on my speed. I also slowed down before even noticing the police officer flying 110mph+ after me. With that said, as mentioned in the earlier post, the cop was the one putting me, him, and his partner, in danger. If a police officer has their lights on, most people will slow down and move over regardless. No need to go 20mph faster than me and ironically charge me for recklessly driving.

Like mentioned earlier, this state hands out reckless driving tickets like itís candy and looks at it as an additional revenue source for the county... Itís messed up to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2018, 02:15 PM
 
29 posts, read 15,085 times
Reputation: 89
Default Wow

I really wasn't going to comment after reading this thread, but the OP is just in complete and utter denial about the significance of his crime. Yes, CRIME. It isn't a small matter that you were driving almost 100 MPH on a state road. Everything you've said since first posting this reads like someone who is in denial or attempting to mitigate the seriousness of his actions. (eg "Virginia is too strict, nobody else on the road, everybody else does it, I have a great credit history, etc.") You blame everybody else but yourself. I wonder if you've considered (since you've admitted you've driven 90-95 mph in other jurisdictions) just what kind of carnage you could create if you lost control of your Hellcat muscle car. Honestly, the older I get, the less I can tolerate speed demons like you, totally oblivious of the fact that there are other people on the roads, driving recklessly with no thought of anyone but themselves and then utterly unrepentant when caught. I hope the judge throws your butt in jail and then forces you to watch a loop of serious car accidents littered with dead bodies. You are a disgrace to the state of VA. [RANT OVER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2018, 03:21 PM
 
1,690 posts, read 1,349,097 times
Reputation: 1699
Stop being so dramatic. It's easy to be self-righteous on the internet when you don't have to air out your own mistakes.

People speed, they get tickets, it happens. It's not good but you live and you learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2018, 03:38 PM
 
46 posts, read 36,072 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGuy64 View Post
I really wasn't going to comment after reading this thread, but the OP is just in complete and utter denial about the significance of his crime. Yes, CRIME. It isn't a small matter that you were driving almost 100 MPH on a state road. Everything you've said since first posting this reads like someone who is in denial or attempting to mitigate the seriousness of his actions. (eg "Virginia is too strict, nobody else on the road, everybody else does it, I have a great credit history, etc.") You blame everybody else but yourself. I wonder if you've considered (since you've admitted you've driven 90-95 mph in other jurisdictions) just what kind of carnage you could create if you lost control of your Hellcat muscle car. Honestly, the older I get, the less I can tolerate speed demons like you, totally oblivious of the fact that there are other people on the roads, driving recklessly with no thought of anyone but themselves and then utterly unrepentant when caught. I hope the judge throws your butt in jail and then forces you to watch a loop of serious car accidents littered with dead bodies. You are a disgrace to the state of VA. [RANT OVER]
^^ YES!!! I've been awaiting a response like this! Thank you!

First, I'm going to assuming that since you put "64" in your account, you're either born in 1964, making you 54 years old OR you are literally 64 years old. And since you put "DC" in your username, it's likely you've been in this area for years. This is important to recognize because people like you drive 15mph below the speed limit and actually cause traffic. People like you ARE oblivious to the road and the people around you. And ironically, most car accidents in the VA/DC area are caused by slower drivers .

Furthermore, on the particular road I was on, if I just happened to drive right into someone going the exactly speed limit of 70mph, both myself and person hit would die. Even if I were going at your speed of 15mph below the speed limit, they would still die. You comment of safety but if you hit something going 90mph or 70mph or even 50mph, both the drivers would die. It's simple math... So your comment of being a "speed demon" and putting everyone in danger on that particular highway is irrelevant.

However, as mentioned several times in this chain, no one was near me. There have been many forums on this website though, were people have been pulled over doing 85mph in a 55mph or even slower speed limit areas such as local communities and even schools. Speeding over 20mph in a populated area like many of these reckless driving charges are handed out is actually dangerous and I would never do that (I truly have no reason to lie -- what's the point?). I was on an open highway, putting no one in danger besides myself. Also, as mentioned earlier, the cop was far surpassing my speed (easily 110mph+), which put me, him, and his partner, in legitimate danger because cop cars (both the transmission and the break pads) are not build to hit those speeds.

LOL -- thanks for that last comment by the way, you old troll haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top