U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-21-2019, 11:42 AM
 
2,076 posts, read 2,031,661 times
Reputation: 2369

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I never once said Staunton was the best place in the US. But we have air quality that's 3x better than you, and it only takes me a little longer than it takes you to get to DC. And I don't have to pay the hipster premium for things like farm fresh food. If you go by statistics, everyone is clamoring to get to North Carolina and Florida. So by your assumption, those are great places? And for the record, Staunton sucks. Don't bother even visiting. I could use less of you people around.
It’s all a matter of what someone likes and what they’re looking for. The South isn’t necessarily everyone’s cup of tea. Just like you didn’t care for DC, everyone likes different places for myriad of reasons.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 08-21-2019, 11:47 AM
 
9,515 posts, read 12,764,697 times
Reputation: 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
It’s all a matter of what someone likes and what they’re looking for. The South isn’t necessarily everyone’s cup of tea. Just like you didn’t care for DC, everyone likes different places for myriad of reasons.
Ah, that's not true. Everyone should have the exact same opinion as lionsgators. If you don't, you are just plain wrong (and, apparently, a hipster douche). Or haven't you read this thread?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-21-2019, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Washington, DC
4,178 posts, read 2,424,328 times
Reputation: 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I never once said Staunton was the best place in the US. But we have air quality that's 3x better than you, and it only takes me a little longer than it takes you to get to DC. And I don't have to pay the hipster premium for things like farm fresh food. If you go by statistics, everyone is clamoring to get to North Carolina and Florida. So by your assumption, those are great places? And for the record, Staunton sucks. Don't bother even visiting. I could use less of you people around.
Idk man. The air quality in Loudoun is just fine. And "a little longer than it takes you to get to DC" is a flat out delusion. I just Googled it, Staunton literally almost 3 hours away to DC.

I know you like Staunton and all, good for you. But some of us don't want to live in the middle of nowhere and want to be around people, meet up with friends, family, etc.

I'm glad you bought a nice house in the middle of nowhere without NOVA traffic and prices, but not everyone wants to live way out in Staunton. This is a Northern Virginia forum, yet...You're posting here. Just seems like you're trolling at this point..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-21-2019, 12:14 PM
 
6,047 posts, read 4,305,576 times
Reputation: 2541
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
It’s all a matter of what someone likes and what they’re looking for. The South isn’t necessarily everyone’s cup of tea. Just like you didn’t care for DC, everyone likes different places for myriad of reasons.
I don't really care for "the south" either. I lived in Wilmington, NC and Memphis.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-21-2019, 12:15 PM
 
6,047 posts, read 4,305,576 times
Reputation: 2541
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Ah, that's not true. Everyone should have the exact same opinion as lionsgators. If you don't, you are just plain wrong (and, apparently, a hipster douche). Or haven't you read this thread?
Even the other guy who lives in NOVA admitted it's filled with hipsters.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-21-2019, 12:22 PM
 
6,047 posts, read 4,305,576 times
Reputation: 2541
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Idk man. The air quality in Loudoun is just fine. And "a little longer than it takes you to get to DC" is a flat out delusion. I just Googled it, Staunton literally almost 3 hours away to DC.

I know you like Staunton and all, good for you. But some of us don't want to live in the middle of nowhere and want to be around people, meet up with friends, family, etc.

I'm glad you bought a nice house in the middle of nowhere without NOVA traffic and prices, but not everyone wants to live way out in Staunton. This is a Northern Virginia forum, yet...You're posting here. Just seems like you're trolling at this point..
It's 2.5 hours to get to DC from here, and it's about an hour and a half for the guy who lives in Middleburg. I'm not in the middle of nowhere. I live in the city of Staunton. A short drive to Roanoke, Lynchburg, Harrisonburg, and Charlottesville. I do, however, have the option to move to the middle of nowhere down here. And according to C-D, my air quality is 4x better than the air quality in NOVA. Keep it up y'all, you're one promotion away from moving out of the condo and into the townhouse.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-21-2019, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Washington, DC
4,178 posts, read 2,424,328 times
Reputation: 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
It's 2.5 hours to get to DC from here, and it's about an hour and a half for the guy who lives in Middleburg. I'm not in the middle of nowhere. I live in the city of Staunton. A short drive to Roanoke, Lynchburg, Harrisonburg, and Charlottesville. I do, however, have the option to move to the middle of nowhere down here. And according to C-D, my air quality is 4x better than the air quality in NOVA. Keep it up y'all, you're one promotion away from moving out of the condo and into the townhouse.
Right, 2.5 hours is almost 3 hours. I said that already.

Considering you live in Staunton, your last sentence just indicates your insecurities and that you're doing nothing but trolling people. Sorry you weren't smart enough to make it in NOVA, but don't blame others for your poor choices. Just saying bro.

Last edited by sonnymarkjiz; 08-21-2019 at 12:48 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-21-2019, 12:39 PM
 
9,515 posts, read 12,764,697 times
Reputation: 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
It's 2.5 hours to get to DC from here, and it's about an hour and a half for the guy who lives in Middleburg.
ok, no. For this gal, it is 1 hour to get to DC on a weekend. It is 1.5 hours in evening rush hour to get back to Middleburg from DC.

There is no way you will convince anyone that it is only 2.5 hours from DC to Staunton in evening rush hour. It is MUCH closer in Middleburg.

So, as you desperately try to get the last word in, please do so with facts.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-21-2019, 12:47 PM
 
6,047 posts, read 4,305,576 times
Reputation: 2541
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Right, 2.5 hours is almost 3 hours. I said that already.

Considering you live in Staunton, your last sentence just indicates your insecurities and that you're doing nothing but trolling people. Sorry you weren't smart enough to make it in NOVA, but don't blame others for your poor choices. Just saying bro.
Smart enough to make it? Sorry scro, but I knew when to leave. I sold two condos during the market peak in 06-07. Doesn't get much smarter than predicting a real estate crash. Or maybe you're just mad because your upside down in a house? All irrelevant really, because my points are solid. The DC area is boring and crowded. I outgrew it years ago. But I'm not here to criticize anyone. If you want to graduate from VA Tech, move to Arlington, and spend summers at Dewey Beach, more power to ya.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-21-2019, 12:49 PM
 
6,047 posts, read 4,305,576 times
Reputation: 2541
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
ok, no. For this gal, it is 1 hour to get to DC on a weekend. It is 1.5 hours in evening rush hour to get back to Middleburg from DC.

There is no way you will convince anyone that it is only 2.5 hours from DC to Staunton in evening rush hour. It is MUCH closer in Middleburg.

So, as you desperately try to get the last word in, please do so with facts.
I just telling you what Google maps told me at this time of day. I don't believe your Middleburg story either. I lived in Frederick, and it would take 2 hours to get back there from DC in the afternoons.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:15 PM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top