U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:27 AM

12 posts, read 29,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post
Hey you...your post started sounding familiar! We are here and somewhat settled in. I was driving around the other day looking at places near Herndon, thinking about you. If there is someplace you want me to check out I can do that. I start work on Fort Belvoir on 1 May, but we get over to that area on the weekends.

slduvall
Hey Shannon,
Thanks for the offer, however I think we have settled on Ashburn. What will you be doing at Ft. Belvoir? I guess I should start looking for a job myself, ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 06:14 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,686,225 times
Hi,

I think you will like Ashburn. And I see you are coming around to a townhouse. You will get so much more for your $ and a better neighborhood.

I will be be working in HR for a company that supports the Army Corp of Engineers. It is about 3 miles door to door, not bad for this area. Tell everyone at LM that I said Hi!

I was worried about the schools being more advanced than the CDC..no worries there. Carly is FAR ahead of the kids in her pre-K class and she is going to a private academy. The VPK is really paying off. But be forwarned the cost of just before and after care will be more than we paid for the entire month of full care.

Shannon

Old 04-23-2008, 09:46 AM

3,029 posts, read 10,640,844 times
Brambleton is new and I believe it has an Ashburn zip. VERY nice and nice TH's. The schools are Loudoun county and very good.
Yes, the town center when finished out will be VERY nice!

YOu will be very happy in the area, LOTs of families and activites. Broadlands has some very nice TH as well and quite roomy. They offer quick acess to 267 (toll) if you need it.

Ashburn as awhole encompasses a huge area, but it's all really nice. The condos around the village are older and showing some wear etc... but no place is "bad"

Old 04-23-2008, 01:39 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,353,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caromc View Post
twinmma,

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, did I mention we have three kids? Between appt's, school activities and overall homework , not to mention full time job, lets just say I've lost my mind. Thank you for the agent info, I plan on contacting her soon. Our price range? I guess we are looking to keep it under 350. As I said before I realize that will put us in a smaller TH, but I think its doable, wouldn't you say?

Mr. Mark,

Since we are active duty I'm not sure how long we will be in the area. However it is always nice to have a back-up plan, thank you. Is Brambleton Town Center in the LC school district?

Thanks again for your willingness to help.
I understand, I have kids too, lol!
Yes, $350K will get you a decent size townhome here in Ashburn-especially since the prices have dropped lately. There are a few 4 bedrooms I have seen...but the majority are 3 bedrooms. (one is right around the corner from me, lol!)
When you get moved into the area, let me know. Maybe we could meet up...I know what it is like to be new to the area. (And, we can meet at the local mall...I know there are weirdo's lurking all the time...just a SAHM here, lol!)

Old 04-23-2008, 01:40 PM

Oh, wanted to mention that ground has broke for Loudoun One, which is going to be a huge town center right by Ashburn Village. Should help values all around...it is off of rt 7

Old 04-23-2008, 01:46 PM

3,029 posts, read 10,640,844 times
Quote:
Oh, wanted to mention that ground has broke for Loudoun One,
That is good news. When moved there in 2005, we were told it'll open in hte fall of 2006! So, gald they finally broke ground!!

Is the new Wegman's in Leesburg open yet? (of course that started right after we left!!)

Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 PM

488 posts, read 1,582,842 times
new wegmans eh? nice, nice...

Old 04-24-2008, 05:10 PM

twinmma - Getting together would be great.
Would you happen to know anything about day care? I will need to find care for our five year old.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caromc View Post
twinmma - Getting together would be great.
Would you happen to know anything about day care? I will need to find care for our five year old.
I looked into a daycare that I liked for my kids...It is called Kiddie Academy and is in Lansdowne. We toured the place and talked to the people. If I ever go back to work that is probably where we will take them. (I have to find the right job, i.e. money, as daycare for two the same age is the cost of a nice car a year, lol!) The security is good and they seem very loving.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:32 AM

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how much daycare costs in VA. Currently we pay little over 500/mo full-time. I guess those days are soon over.

Would you know anything about the subdivision of Ridges of Ashburn?

I feel bad about asking all these questions, but really do appreciate your time. Have a great day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia