U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2020, 11:36 AM

12,026 posts, read 10,639,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
What time of day did you make the trip. I have to go to Charlottesville tomorrow. We’’re planning to leave at 6 am. Right now Google maps shows traffic as light.
11 am to 12:30.

It still moves. You can drive 65 or 70. I saw one cop on 29 the whole time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 11:07 AM

15,039 posts, read 23,973,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
11 am to 12:30.

It still moves. You can drive 65 or 70. I saw one cop on 29 the whole time.
I’m back. Left at 7 am. Smooth sailing! I did see a long backup going south while we were retuning northbound a little before 11 am. There was one active construction zone the whole trip. That was where the backup occurred. We were in Charlottesville only for a very short time. There and back took less than 4.5 hours. Not bad.

Other than the dangerous driver, with NewYork plates, that nearly rank me off the road, the drive was uneventful. Didn’t see any cops at all.

Old 06-11-2020, 02:54 PM

235 posts, read 96,528 times
Can anybody comment on how 95 is. I live in North Stafford and I have to go to work in Alexandria to get a few stuff.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:12 PM

1,626 posts, read 2,056,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nva06 View Post
Can anybody comment on how 95 is. I live in North Stafford and I have to go to work in Alexandria to get a few stuff.
Smooth sailing yesterday early evening at 5 pm from Richmond to Springfield on I-95. Only hit one temporary slowdown around Lorton due to pothole repair - slowdown lasted a little more than five minutes.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:31 PM

26,381 posts, read 39,412,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nva06 View Post
I came through Stafford around 11am driving back from VA Beach yesterday and hit no traffic. Leaving Hampton Roads going through the HRBT was another story.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:18 PM

5,092 posts, read 3,320,292 times
I was on 66 yesterday and while the traffic looked a little heavier then, say, back in late April, it was still relatively smooth sailing compared to pre-Covid.

Old 06-12-2020, 05:32 PM

12,026 posts, read 10,639,711 times
I got my haircut. They told me they won't do shaves only beard trims, because of the coronavirus guidelines.

Old 06-14-2020, 05:34 AM

3,979 posts, read 7,478,354 times
Just moved back to Woodbridge from Fredericksburg a few days ago and I miss being able to go to Walmart without a mob of people. We were able to setup same day grocery pickup down there, but not here so had to run out to pickup some stuff for the house. Wife asked me to get some spray bottles for cleaning solvents and none in the shelves but they had boxed ones in pallets in the center aisle. Since there were no workers around I opened a box and liberated the 2 I needed. Lots of workers stocking. No issues with meat supplies or tp. I had to spend a lot more time in the store just learning it's layout.

There were lines just to do the self checkout and even lines to get out of the store because they check receipts. I never understood that concept, is the person going to look at you receipt and then bagged groceries for 2 seconds and know you have everything you purchased?

Old 06-14-2020, 08:59 AM

989 posts, read 392,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
Just moved back to Woodbridge from Fredericksburg a few days ago and I miss being able to go to Walmart without a mob of people. We were able to setup same day grocery pickup down there, but not here so had to run out to pickup some stuff for the house. Wife asked me to get some spray bottles for cleaning solvents and none in the shelves but they had boxed ones in pallets in the center aisle. Since there were no workers around I opened a box and liberated the 2 I needed. Lots of workers stocking. No issues with meat supplies or tp. I had to spend a lot more time in the store just learning it's layout.

There were lines just to do the self checkout and even lines to get out of the store because they check receipts. I never understood that concept, is the person going to look at you receipt and then bagged groceries for 2 seconds and know you have everything you purchased?
Also living in Woodbridge and crowds in Walmart are the main reason I avoid the store. Interesting that it's not that way in Fredericksburg. Fredericksburg is certainly densely populated. Maybe they have more Walmart stores per capita than Woodbridge?

Phase 2, so far, has been interesting. I haven't done much more than usual. I will note that in Phase 2, grocery shopping, looks a lot more normal. Wegman's did away with their one entrance/one exit policy and stopped counting shoppers. Expanded their hours back to normal and now the crowd level in the store just feels "better." I was able to keep my distance MUCH more effectively today and just felt safer. Nice to see 100% mask compliance.

On Friday I decided to see how Marshall's looked (attached to Potomac Mills). Very busy. Got in the store but they were counting people. Clothing racks were laid out differently so that you would not be sharing a space with anyone to look at clothes. Household goods--no changes. There were too many people in the store for my comfort so I left. Saw a long line to check out. Driving past Pier One (going out of businessess), there were about 50 people in line outside the store waiting to get in. Nuts.

Old 06-14-2020, 10:14 AM

235 posts, read 96,528 times
Yea Fredericksburg stores are generally crazy cause they serve the whole Northern Neck, Spotsylvania, and Fredericksburg. Thank god I live in Stafford. The only thing we need in Stafford now is a Costco. But stores in Stafford County are generally normal now with face mask requirements and social distancing mandates. Northern Prince William is also pretty good my sister said. She said the Haymarket Wal-Mart is the same as Northern Virginia. I think cause grocery stores are everywhere in Northern Virginia anywhere North of the Rappahannock River grocery stores are now much better than everywhere else in Virginia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia