U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 01:44 PM
fdg fdg started this thread

33 posts, read 119,028 times

Advertisements

Can anyone comment on what the commute is like in the morning from the Gainesville area to the George Mason area in Fairfax? Also is anyone familiar with the community of Hopewell's Landing in Gainesville area?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 01:57 PM

1,261 posts, read 5,043,958 times
I've driven through that neighborhood before. I found it strange that it didn't have curbs, just ditches.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:06 PM
fdg fdg started this thread

33 posts, read 119,028 times
What communities in Gainesville would you recommend with easy access to I-66?

Old 05-11-2008, 02:59 PM

29 posts, read 62,123 times
There are a ton of communities around Gainesville to choose from. Are you looking to build? Or would you prefer a resale? Do you want a lot of communities amenities? Or none at all?

Build: Morris Farms
Resale: Virginia Oaks
Amenities: Virginia Oaks
No amenities: No suggestions -- My community has no amenities, but I wouldn't suggest anyone buy here.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:37 PM

1,261 posts, read 5,043,958 times
I'd personally stay away from neighborhoods that are directly on Hwy 29. Too much traffic and much more to come with all the new shopping centers. I'd hate to turn left out of a neighborhood with no light. But generally all Gainesville has good access to 66. However, we do live 2 miles from 66 and hubby had been finding it easier to go down Balls Ford Road to Manassas and pick up Hwy 66 there due to the construction going on at Hwy 29 and 66.

I love Virginia Oaks. That neighborhood was out of price range when we were in the market to buy a house, but not any more. We just prefered a new home any way. We wound up in Morris Farm off Linton Hall Road.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:49 PM

621 posts, read 2,921,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdg View Post
Can anyone comment on what the commute is like in the morning from the Gainesville area to the George Mason area in Fairfax? Also is anyone familiar with the community of Hopewell's Landing in Gainesville area?
Thanks.
What time will you be commuting?? That plays a major role in the commute time unless there's an accident. I leave around 6 and it takes me about 40 mins to get to ffx. I've left at 7:45 and it's taken me an 1 1/2 hr to get there with no accident. It all depends on what time you leave etc. Also, you could possibly get off at centreville and take braddock rd to GM area which would shorten your commute I believe. But I think Braddock get's backed up pretty bad as well, but i'm not too sure as I haven't traveled that road in over a year at that time in the morning.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,505 times
Default Commute from Gainesville to DC

This is an established carpool of 3, looking for 2 more to join.
As one of the memeber may drop next month.
We leave Gainesville linton hall commuter parking lot around 8am.
Reserved Parking available in 18th street. $125 parking fee to be shared by carpool memebrs. We take turns driving every week.
Typically commute time is 1 hour each way.

Please contact me if you are interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia